• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackets, $100

benwhiteskis

If you're looking for a bulletproof, breathable, lightweight shell, I can get one for you. They're made by Flylow, and due to production problems, there aren't enough to put online, so Dan (owner of Flylow) is selling them at cost, just so he doesn't have a bunch of inventory lying around. Black, White or Navy Blue, message me if you're interested, here are the specs.

Color: Black, White, Navy
Size: XS-XXL, certain sizes not available in certain colors
Pockets: left and right pockets down low, where normal pockets are, left outer breast pocket, right inner breast pocket
Insulation: none
Material: not really sure, but whatever it is, it's good. fended off 90ish mph winds no problem
Hood: non-detachable, helmet compatible, drawstring
Powder skirt: not really, but drawstrings on the side allow it to be cinched down tight over the tops of your pants
Fit: slightly baggy, great for fitting extra layers under

$100

PM me with your email, size and color if you're interested. Inventory is getting a little limited, but being flexible is worth it. I know that black jackets in a size Large are unavailable, but XL is. Others I do not know

I used this jacket while skiing the NH 48 last season, it's amazing

Thanks guys!

xlwmt4.jpg

benwhiteskis

I stood in a commercial sprinkler once and stayed dry, but I don't know of any quantitative test or number.

deadheadskier

Staff member
what about the pit zips?

I stay plenty dry in my jacket, but it lacks that feature. It's a must have for me with my next jacket.

kickstand

I've heard good things about FlyLow. I'm trying to remember exactly where it was. I want to say a write-up in Powder Magazine or something. It was definitely a reputable source, because I checked these guys out when I was shopping for a coat last year. I hadn't seen one in person, so I ruled them out.

benwhiteskis

Go on their website for a store finder. I know there's one in Franconia. flylowgear.com

benwhiteskis

It's not on their website, but the model is called the Murdoch. They don't have enough to distribute/ put on their website, so they're selling them through word of mouth.