• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

mt snow

drjeff

Well I haven't been there the last few weeks thanks to my honeymoon, so I don't have the benefit of that perspective. All I know is that I had in my head that after I got home, I would spend late March and early April trying to throw my first successful three, and now that plan has gone to crap thanks to Mother Nature. Note that I in no way blame the mountain. Given the hand they were dealt, I thought it was an excellent year.

I am going to miss the winter brew fest as well though. Labor day seems a LONG way off.

Jay, if it helps beer wise, based on what I heard from my favorite base lodge bartender last weekend, he was planning on having the Station OPEN this coming weekend, and apparently new kegs were being ordered this week! I know for 100% certainty that they tapped a new keg of Ayinger Brau Wiesse on Sunday afternoon, and I can't wait to continue helping to kick that keg when I get up there for the last day on Sunday!

ayingerbraeuweisse.jpg

A good, crisp, wheat beer on a warm afternoon after bashing some mush bumps really hit the beer craving spot last Sunday. And while not a full on brewfest, the Station atleast delivers a pretty good selection of good beers every weekend! :)

Glenn

It was kinda similar to the last few closing weekends...the weekend before was sunnier and warmer :lol:

The mountain did a great job considering. There were some sections that were patchworked together, but it worked out. I used my older skis just in case. A buddy and I ended up hiking Ripcord Saturday...because we wanted 1 more run on the Ripper. The headwall was pretty brown, but we made it about 3/4+ of the way up. Skied awesome. Thanks for a great season Mount Snow!