• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park City/Talisker-Vail Lawsuit

trackbiker

I spect we'll know of a settlement by evening news tonight MST....

I'll be very surprised if that happens. Each side will let the other sweat over the long weekend and the lawyers will ring up more billable hours. If I was a betting man I would guess that we will not hear anything until Tuesday at the earliest.

VTKilarney

If the judge is going to rule on September 3rd, I would not expect news of a settlement until the 2nd or the 3rd.

StevePluvia

I'll be very surprised if that happens. Each side will let the other sweat over the long weekend and the lawyers will ring up more billable hours. If I was a betting man I would guess that we will not hear anything until Tuesday at the earliest.

yea, that makes more sense. Its not really the 11th hour until 5 mins before the Sept 3 hearing.

skiNEwhere

PCMR advertising 14/15 season tickets at last night's UofU football game... ?

Knowing POWDR, I'd look through that season pass contract very closely for something along the lines of "All sales are final and non-refundable"

Edd

I can't imagine buying a pass there under the circumstances. With all of the choices in that region, why mess with it?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Knowing POWDR, I'd look through that season pass contract very closely for something along the lines of "All sales are final and non-refundable"

Actually they say that they will give a refund...prorated if it is in the middle of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

StevePluvia

I can't imagine buying a pass there under the circumstances. With all of the choices in that region, why mess with it?

I can't imagine buying a pass there under ANY circumstance. Ok, I'll admit, they have excellent race courses, set up with shiny, blue Vermont powder, but you have to be on an authorized team to get on em. And their park rocks... But if you're not racing on their course or compressing your spine discs in their park, meh. I never use the free passes I get there....

StevePluvia

Its 10:11 somewhere in Park City... That must means it time for another extension... Although nothing reported yet...

thetrailboss

Staff member

Highway Star

Well that original poster is speculating. I would imagine that by tomorrow's hearing we will have some idea as to what is going to happen.

I think we'll hear something today or tomorrow, we'll hear a resolution from the moderating.

VTKilarney

They are obviously close to an agreement if they aren't writing one up already.

drjeff

They are obviously close to an agreement if they aren't writing one up already.

Not quite holding my breath yet that there will be one. Far too many deals that seem like are going to happen end up falling through at the last moment over what one side ends up feeling is just too much to give (when in the big picture it probably isn't)

I'll believe there is a deal when I read that both parties and the judge have signed off on it! ;-)

Until then it's just sit back and wait! :popcorn: