• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colorado Next week

wa-loaf

Just looking at the 10 day on weather.com there seems to be snow on Wednesday and Friday which are all ski days for me!

WinnChill

High pressure for the east--storminess for the west. Looks good for them. Enjoy.

I do a Friday CO resort weather audio update for KAFA (CO Springs)--I'll post it here on Friday for you.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Where you headed?

I just came back from Telluride... skied 5 days, 4 of which were bluebird... I'd say conditions were a 6 or 7 out of 10... We were suppose to get a 4 to 8" storm one of the nights but only ended up with 1-2"... the trees had the best snow all week and the groomers were a lot of fun especially on my S7's... I was hoping to try them out in some deep powder but it didn't work out... Here's a short vid of me doing the NASTAR... Have a good time!

vdk03

The snow here in summit county is decent at best. With no new snow and the weather being so warm this past week it really seems like east coast spring skiing. In the mornings the snow has been hard and icy, but as the sun shines it softens up and any southern facing slopes ride pretty nice. It takes a little work but you can still find soft untracked snow in the woods or out-of-bounds. We do have a storm in the forecast for this weekend, but unless it cools down it will be a mix of rain and snow. We're still hoping for cold weather, this winter has seemed way to short.

Puck it

Just got back yesterday. Snow is going fast. A lot of bare spots where there should not be at this time of year. I would say it was a 6 out of 10. Pray for snow.

snoseek

For the first time this year I can suggest you book immediately to Tahoe!

Puck it

Couple of pics showing coverage.

1st pic is from Breck. Notice coverage on the run to left

2nd is from Breck too.

3rd is hiking to Tucker Mtn. at Copper. No snow hiking up ridge

Attachments

• photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 19

Puck it

Another shot from Cooper looking across to Tucker. We dropped in the chute on the left side of pic.

Puck it

Ouch! Copper is looking rough! But CO is CO and I'd have been happy to be skiing there in any conditions.

I am happy that we went, but those bare spots at Copper, we covered fully last year.

Still can't buy A POWDER DAY!!!!!!

wa-loaf

Looking like some snow this weekend. Some towards the end of next week to. Fingers crossed ...

WinnChill

Thanks! What about the second half of that week? Anything happening Thursday or Friday?

In between slow moving cut-off low pressure systems so probably a breather for then. The first one slowly moves away early next week as another works into the west coast next weekend. Things aren't done yet for the west but it'll be slow progress with these cut-off systems.

wa-loaf

In between slow moving cut-off low pressure systems so probably a breather for then. The first one slowly moves away early next week as another works into the west coast next weekend. Things aren't done yet for the west but it'll be slow progress with these cut-off systems.

Looks like I'll be hunting leftovers on Wednesday. Would love a true pow day. They've been pretty elusive this year.