• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Banner ads- why don't they open in a new tab/window?

ctenidae

Right click > Choose open in new tab or window.

No- that involves thinking and action on my part. I require as much automation as possible form all things. Someone else needs to do the work for me.

But seriously- why isn't the industry standard to open ads in a new window? Seems like it only makes sense- when a commercial comes on TV, they don't make it be on a different channel, after all.

bvibert

Staff member
But seriously- why isn't the industry standard to open ads in a new window? Seems like it only makes sense- when a commercial comes on TV, they don't make it be on a different channel, after all.

I agree with you. I'm not sure why it's the way it is. Some of the ads you can't configure to open in another window, for some reason, so there may not be much Nick can do about it.

Depending on the browser you're using, you may be able to configure it so that any link that points to an external website (from the page you're currently on) will automatically be opened in a new window/tab.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
No- that involves thinking and action on my part. I require as much automation as possible form all things. Someone else needs to do the work for me.

Depends on the ad. If someone gives us a image ad, then I typically have it open in a new window (_blank).

Other ads are just embedded from a third party host, and I can't control that in that case