• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skier vs. snowboarder

mbedle

That snowboarder should not have been on that slope. No way he should have let himself slide that far after falling. He also should have yelled at the guy once he realized he couldn't stop himself.

Smellytele

In this case and most it could have been skier vs skier or snowboarder vs snowboarder so what they have on their feet is not that main point. Usually it is asshole vs asshole plain and simple.

Bene288

That slope doesn't look steep enough to slide like that. Must be the camera angle.

Funky_Catskills

Wow, you still don't understand and you've had a lot of time to think about it. Amazing.

I'm not sure what you mean by this... But I know it's not a nice thing. And you think I am indeed lame...

And you know what?

i don't give a fukcing shti...

delco714

The snowboarder should have been able to stop or get back up. Seriously

Domeskier

More skier on snowboarder violence. Actually, that barely begins to describe it. Apparently the guy's lawyer is claiming that punching the kid in the mouth and hitting him with a ski pole was more in the nature of an accident!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/17/ski-rage-assault-charges/

VERNON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — An attorney was defending a New Jersey doctor Wednesday, after police alleged the doctor attacked a 12-year-old boy on a ski slope.

As CBS2’s Tony Aiello reported, the doctor allegedly went into “ski rage” when the boy bumped into him and his son.

It can get a bit snarled as skiers and snowboarders of various skill levels compete for space, and on Valentine’s Day at Mountain Creek in Vernon, New Jersey, it allegedly got downright ugly.

Dr. Samuel Caruthers, a Morris County anesthesiologist, is charged with assaulting a young snowboarder.

“Mr. Caruthers was run into by the 12-year-old snowboarder,” said Vernon police Lt. Keith Kimkowki. “He then went ahead and committed an assault on him.”

Vernon police were told it started as Caruthers went skiing with his own son. There was some kind of collision with the snowboarder, and then the alleged assault happened, police said.

Caruthers is accused of punching the boy in the mouth, and police alleged it got even worse from there.

”At some point he struck him with his – the report was that he struck him with a ski pole,” Kimkowski said. “There were some visible signs of injury, some complaint of pain. He had some blood on his nose.”

Caruthers, 44, was charged with aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

At his home in Mountain Lakes, Caruthers’ wife refused to comment. But she told CBS2’s Meg Baker that her own 12-year-old son was injured in the collision with the snowboarder and needed medical attention.

Caruthers’ attorney put out a statement: “My client had no intention of causing any harm to this young man. It was more in the nature of an accident. My client is sorry for any misunderstanding.”

Domeskier

good point. I guess the kid should be glad that the ski patrol didn't pile on!

Jcb890

Shit happens. No matter who's fault it is, always be courteous and make sure your fellow human is alright and not injured.

delco714

I tapped a skier's ski.. 60yo man,with my board by accident in line once.. Said so sorry..and he wacked me with his pole twice. I wanted to break his spine. But oh well. Clearly there is more to this story than meets the eye

thetrailboss

Staff member

This is a classic. The douchebaggery makes me laugh. The Dad and his friend are real asshats. Love the ending.

I know that we have discussed it here. This almost seems "too" good and you can almost hear everyone perfectly. Based upon that, I know some of us thought that this might have been staged.

Last edited: