Giving psswrd to get job?! - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    i only follow ski areas and groups i'm intersted in..FB became too much of a "look at my fantastic life" "look where I'm at" ..... like i reallly care...any who do you think you are to think that anyone else give a damn about what you are doing 24/7
    updownupdownupdownupdown

When I read this the other day, I thought hell no. Reality is if you are hungry or been out of work a bit, you know you would give it up and hope the work police didn't somehow become offended.

I think in modern times, you need to assume companies will at a minimum Google and FB you. Not much shows when you google me, and I'm crazy careful with permissions and content of what I post on FB. It's a slippery slope tho...what I find offensive/wrong may not be what a business does. If that were the case and it cost me a job, my arrogant self would say "I didn't want to work for people like that anyway." However, if I were hungry or facing financial hurdles, it would be completely different.

The industries I've worked in for the last 20+ years have required me to have background investigations at a minimum. Most times it's background that also includes criminal and financial screens. Clean living so far, but scary to think where I would be with a foreclosure, bankruptcy or a DUI in my past. I'm also thankful for not having access to the internet and cell phone cameras during my teens/twenties -- no need to record the worst of those years for all the world to witness!
    Nashoba 1/5 2/7|Sunapee 1/8|Pico 1/21|Butternut 1/28|Jiminy Peak 1/29|Wildcat 2/10|Bretton Woods 2/11|Gore 3/2|West 3/3|Catamount 3/4|Ragged 3/10|Burke 3/11|Bromley 3/18

Username: F
    Password: U

Just saw this on Facebook. Facebook is taking a stand on this topic!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/faceb...26598317390057
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Senators ask feds to probe requests for Facebook passwords
    SEATTLE (AP) – Two U.S. senators are asking Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate whether employers asking for Facebook passwords during job interviews are violating federal law, their offices announced Sunday. ***

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...obe/53766330/1

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    Senators ask feds to probe requests for Facebook passwords
    SEATTLE (AP) – Two U.S. senators are asking Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate whether employers asking for Facebook passwords during job interviews are violating federal law, their offices announced Sunday. ***

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...obe/53766330/1
    yes, we need laws to stop this!
    Connecticut's only Double Black Diamond:
    Satan's Stairway
    Ski it if you can

shit happens, wear a helmet.

Potential employers can search all they want. I've never had a facebook account. Am I missing anything? I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Potential employers can search all they want. I've never had a facebook account. Am I missing anything? I highly doubt it.

Nothing wrong with searching, Something wrong with asking you password to get access and not only see everything you posted, but PMs and everything. Little thing called invasion of privacy. Oh, silly me, I forgot, 1984 has passed and we are living it.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    yes, we need laws to stop this!
    They have the laws, they just need some enforcement.

Thread Information