• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 3/19/12

reefer

Temperature: HOT

Wind: NONE

Conditions: spring/summer corn slush

After our fantastic breakfast at the GL, headed up to Stowe. Pretty decent coverage especially on snowmaking trails. Melting fast though. Don’t wait for the weekend. Leave now. Ski Thursday and Friday. Seriously.
Was surprised to see Burgers being cooked on two decks, top of quad and down by Gondi. That’s impressive on a Monday!
Piecasso on 108 for dinner was another highlight. Two thumbs up. Good beer selection also.

DSCN4370.JPG

DSCN4393.JPG

Golf course looking a little too green........................
DSCN4390.JPG

DSCN4387.JPG

DSCN4385.JPG

DSCN4375.JPG

DSCN4397.JPG

DSCN4373.JPG

DSCN4377.JPG

Employee of the week.......drainange control..........
DSCN4400.JPG

reefer

Think there will be anything left on Saturday? Or will I be slogging through the mud?

Not much......so then there's more people on fewer trails. I guess I should have emphasized the LEAVE NOW part. I don't kid with stuff like that..................it truly is
'ski it while you can" when it's 70's.........trail features change by the hour.

reefer

Welp, sorry Work. The last day on the mountain calls.

Work...the necessary evil....
I know I'm very fortunate. I have worked very hard to set myself up for this little bit of flexibility during ski season.

That snow is melting FAST and I want to make sure that's out there. There will be some great skiing this weekend, just more limited choices. Have a great time Saturday

2sons

Centerline is sweet with soft bumps and deep troughs. Gulch and Hayride are decent- Nosedive is very firm up top. Liftline opened up but the bumps are much more firm than Centerline's. Great close to the season here.
Side note- went to the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury last night. Off the hook with Heady Toppers and Brisket sandwiches! My son called them heaven on a bun.View attachment 5067