• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Passes Next Year

jlboyell

789 is not bad for Big Sky and Moonlight, I know that a lot of the Bozeman locals buy passes to Bridger Bowl, but I would opt for Big Sky without a doubt.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

im trying to decide between bridger or big sky. with college discount, they are priced very similarly. big sky has more terrain, but bridger is so close... 25 minutes means i could a couple hours in here and there around work and school and not feel bad about gas. big sky is like an hour and 20, so it kind of takes away from that, but it is bigger. im leaning toward big sky because day passes at bridger are cheaper, and if i want to change it up, it will be less money.

lolkl

im trying to decide between bridger or big sky. with college discount, they are priced very similarly. big sky has more terrain, but bridger is so close... 25 minutes means i could a couple hours in here and there around work and school and not feel bad about gas. big sky is like an hour and 20, so it kind of takes away from that, but it is bigger. im leaning toward big sky because day passes at bridger are cheaper, and if i want to change it up, it will be less money.

Bridger sucks!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

Poor guy, sounds like a tough choice. I really feel for you.

snoseek

Drum up a little part time summer cash and buy both?

Terry

Doing the Boyne New England silver passes again this year and also Shawnee Peak. Gives me the longest season [usually] and also gives me night skiing and a local hill to boot.

vcunning

This is the last year my 5-year old gets a pass for $35 at Mount Snow. Actually it's free if you go to the ticket booth, but we like to skip that process. He's had season pass since he was 3-months old (they were $15 then). Of course he couldn't ski or ride, but we take each pass and use them as magnets on our fridge. It's kind of a skiing class picture. He would have won a cool prize at the Mount Snow Passholders party 4 years ago for being the youngest passholder present, but I was in the bathroom changing his diaper (true story).

Full disclosure . . . he's a Mount Snow homer. Picture of him on the Mount Snow halfpipe a few weeks ago (he was earning his turns)

knuckledragger.jpg
[/IMG]

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Killington again. Considered others, but it's just the right distance, find plenty of cheap lodging, and face it, they still have one of the longest seasons in the east.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Magic for me again, surprise

Consistancy and tradition are good things. :thumb up:

Originally Posted by lolkl
Bridger sucks!

Bridger Bowl definately does not suck, it's an awesome ski hill. Like a MRG or a Mt Baker, for people that are mainly interested in the skiing and riding not the ammenties of a full service resort like Big Sky. Big Sky/Moonlight has some extreme terrain, especially over at MB but the big vert is a similar mistruth to SR, in that to ski the 4300+ vert you have to use a long traverse, unlike JH, where the slightly less vert can be skied all the way down to the base, no traverse required.

The couple of times I did BB, the snow was tall and light. Bozeman locals called it "white smoke". Course, this was a few decades ago. If you need ammenties, you probably won't like Bridger.

Last edited:

lolkl

Consistancy and tradition are good things. :thumb up:

Bridger Bowl definately does not suck, it's an awesome ski hill. Like a MRG or a Mt Baker, for people that are mainly interested in the skiing and riding not the ammenties of a full service resort like Big Sky. Big Sky/Moonlight has some extreme terrain, especially over at MB but the big vert is a similar mistruth to SR, in that to ski the 4300+ vert you have to use a long traverse, unlike JH, where the slightly less vert can be skied all the way down to the base, no traverse required.

The couple of times I did BB, the snow was tall and light. Bozeman locals called it "white smoke". Course, this was a few decades ago. If you need ammenties, you probably won't like Bridger.

It's known as " Cold Smoke."
A few decades ago it was true about the traverses. But now we have a tram to the peak. At Bridger, there is a boot pack to the peak. I'm getting old and I like to ride to the top. There is some fine terrain at Bridger but you are going to have to hike for it, faster than the kid from Montana State, who is trying to pass you on the boot pack.

steamboat1

Pulled the trigger on a mid week K pass Fri. $459.03 with tax (same early purchase price as last year). Got to ski free this past Sat. on the mid week pass since I payed in full. Would've skied Sun. to but the weather made me think otherwise. Missed closing day this year. Only used my pass 20 days this year at K which still brought the daily price to just under $23 a day (well worth it in my book). Hopefully I'll still be able to get $30 employee discount tickets for Sugarbush again next year & purchase a couple books of VT. Pass' also so I can ski other VT. areas (VT. Pass about $41 a day). Didn't get around to NH. & ME. this year or make any trips out west. Probably because of the poor snow year in most areas. It was still a pretty good season in my eyes. Here's hoping for an even better 12/13 ski season...:snow:

boston_e

Went with Pico season passes for the family. Should be a good winter!

Newpylong

Probably changing it up and going Crotched this year for the wife and I. $399 no blackouts 9AM-9PM. 15-50% off at other Peak Resort day tickets. They will have the High Speed Quad this year. Not a bad deal and only an hour and 15 minutes from where I am in MA.

MadPadraic

We are each getting a Boyne silver here. I was thinking of trying something different, but Boyne really earned our loyalty this year with the late season snow making and the attempts to keep the season going.

I still haven't decided if we are going to get Breck/Vail passes.

RENO

Going with the K blackout pass again. Hopefully next season the weather will be more cooperative and we'll be able to hit at least a couple other places like Sugarbush, Jay or Whiteface like I planned this season. :-x

steamboat1

Went with Pico season passes for the family. Should be a good winter!
Don't know if you would have been interested but this deal is out there too.

All-new Killington Upgrade

NEW for 2012-13, My Pico Pass holders can add on a Killington Resort Upgrade to their passes for only $99 for all ages and ski or ride at Killington one day a week when Pico is closed on either Tuesday or Wednesday, non-peak during Pico Mountain's 2012-13 winter season. The Killington Upgrade is not valid Dec 25-26, 2012 and Feb 19-20, 2013.

boston_e

Don't know if you would have been interested but this deal is out there too.

All-new Killington Upgrade

NEW for 2012-13, My Pico Pass holders can add on a Killington Resort Upgrade to their passes for only $99 for all ages and ski or ride at Killington one day a week when Pico is closed on either Tuesday or Wednesday, non-peak during Pico Mountain's 2012-13 winter season. The Killington Upgrade is not valid Dec 25-26, 2012 and Feb 19-20, 2013.

I did look at that and it is a nice option... although we decided that with the kids in school the odds were that we would primarially be weekenders.... if they had thrown in something else like "valid at Killington until Pico opens" then I more likely would have gone with it.

Bostonian

Pulled the trigger on the Gunstock season pass this morning... $375 cannot go wrong and by the sixth outing, it's completely paid for. No blackout dates, and etc. It also includes certain dates for getting first tracks on the mountain. So I am good :) Now my only question is, do I also do the Silver pass from Boyne... I have til monday to figure it out lol