• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Passes Next Year

roark

I was under the impression that it was just ten days limited to Vail and Beaver Creek and at the 3 Tahoe mountains you could ski/ride there as much as you want just not during the blackout dates. I guess I'll have to take a better look. I was a little worried about the 10 day restriction for Vail and BC, but throw in a long weekend in Tahoe and I'm down to 6 or 7 days at Vail. For me it I feel like it really just depends on the snow this year, even with the weak snow last year I could still find good stashes at Vail just because there is so much terrain. If we get some decent snow this year I will probably spend much more time at Arapahoe Basin and Keystone (I don't even think their back bowls opened up last year).

pretty sure you're right, just the blackout days.

or I also shot myself in the foot.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I was origionally going to get a Squawlpine Bronze pass but might instead get a sierra or even rose pass as they are dirt cheap for unrestricted. I need to cover black outs on my Tahoe Value. I also need somewhere that's not TOO crazy during those days or days its dumping. This is a tough tough call.

Hopefully Tahoe is better this season than last...although anything is better than last season.

vdk03

pretty sure you're right, just the blackout days.

or I also shot myself in the foot.

my pass just arrived in the mail yesterday and I was looking over the terms and it seems that Northstar, Heavenly and Kirkwood are not included in the Vail and BC 10 day limit. You can ski/ride them as much as you want just not during the blackout dates.

snoseek

Hopefully Tahoe is better this season than last...although anything is better than last season.

Yep I can only hope, although march was pretty sweet, roark got in on that cycle. This year I' just gonna drop down low and mtb if the snow completely sucks.

I predict most of the lower 48 (except pnw maybe) will be better this year. Last year was tough all over...