• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Parts of NH, Maine, Vt. under winter storm warning

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The Associated Press

CONCORD, N.H. — A snowstorm that could drop more than 10 inches of snow in parts of northern New England is moving into the region.

The National Weather Service has posted winter storm warnings for most of New Hampshire and southern and central Maine and Vermont, with more than 10 inches of snow expected in some areas by Monday night.

Christopher Pope, director of the N.H. Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, is urging drivers to slow down and leave extra space between vehicles.

The storm also could cause power outages.

Posted Feb. 29, 2012, at 4:24 p.m.
Made ya look!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Normally I dig your posts billski.

But you are a full week early on this and it seems kinda pointless.

Guys, look for the fine print in the original post...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Normally I dig your posts billski.

But you are a full week early on this and it seems kinda pointless.

Guys, look for the fine print in the original post...

Where's your sense of humor? :dontknow:
With all this doom :x and gloom:cry:, we should at least be able to laugh at ourselves! Or at me :-o
Yeah, it's better to laugh at me!
Loosen up guys!:popcorn:

WinnChill

The Associated Press

CONCORD, N.H. — A snowstorm that could drop more than 10 inches of snow in parts of northern New England is moving into the region.

The National Weather Service has posted winter storm warnings for most of New Hampshire and southern and central Maine and Vermont, with more than 10 inches of snow expected in some areas by Monday night.

Christopher Pope, director of the N.H. Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, is urging drivers to slow down and leave extra space between vehicles.

The storm also could cause power outages.

Made ya look!

Winter Storm Warnings--what are those?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Got me. Still wouldn't surprise me to see it snow after everything closes. After this winter I kind of expect it.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

biggest storm of the season for much of the Northeast occurred in October before pretty much anyone was open, so yeah, I'm expecting a late April blizzard.

legalskier

The Associated Press

Made ya look!

Like they say- the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away. Well played, Mr. Bill.
But just for the record, no longer will I read your posts late at night after several cocktails. Need to stay sharp where you're around.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Where's your sense of humor? :dontknow:
With all this doom :x and gloom:cry:, we should at least be able to laugh at ourselves! Or at me :-o
Yeah, it's better to laugh at me!
Loosen up guys!:popcorn:

I know it is supposed to be funny, but I don't see the joke at all...and I am not in the NE anymore. I know if I was still, and had just gotten back from a day at Sugarbush watching the snow level drop before my eyes, I'd find no humor in this. For most folks the salt-in-the-wound would really make them upset. It's not even April Fool's Day. Sorry, just my honest opinion.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I know it is supposed to be funny, but I don't see the joke at all...and I am not in the NE anymore. I know if I was still, and had just gotten back from a day at Sugarbush watching the snow level drop before my eyes, I'd find no humor in this. For most folks the salt-in-the-wound would really make them upset. It's not even April Fool's Day. Sorry, just my honest opinion.

My apologies to you trailboss. I did not intend nor did I anticipate that it would be interpreted as you described.

SKIQUATTRO

heading back up to VT this weekend (pack up the condo etc) think the snows are coming off tomorrow....or should they?

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

If you truly feel this way, you seriously need to readjust your dial. The only exception is if your paycheck depends on the whim of Old Man Winter, snowplow driver for instance.

Even ski resorts should be built to weather this kind of a craptastic season.

steamboat1

I think the majority of snow fell from the evening of Feb. 29 into Mar. 1. That Thurs. morning (Mar. 1) was the best powder day of my season. About 19" fell at K if I remember correctly. More north.