• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kudos to Loon 3/25

Angus

Not enough time to post an extensive Trip Report but I wanted to draw attention to the efforts of Loon Mtn this winter. Not a big fan of the mountain but I went up today and skied from just before 10 to just past 2:30 in a light to moderate rain except for the last 45 minutes or so. Snow was soft and fun and I basically walked on lifts all day.

The base depths are exceptional on the terrain (2+ feet everywhere and 3+ in lots of places) that will be open and the fan guns were in place with hoses attached waiting for temperatures to fall tonight. I was very impressed.

Lower Flume has a full bump line spanning its' length - a little icey but that was ok.

I was told they plan to ski another two weeks through Easter weekend with a little work at the bottom and normal temperatures that will not be a problem.

I've skied four major resorts in VT, Maine and NH in the last 4 days and Loon has by best coverage. Good for them!

Bumpsis

that's really good to know - thanks for the report. I already put away my ski stuff, but given the current cold spell and your report, I will be happy to get out for one more or two spring skking sessions.

snoseek

Last year when I was back in New England with a silver pass I really noticed a change over there. They are definitely a contender early season as well. I do alot of midweek skiing and always like going over to loon for a change of pace.