• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Will Be The King of Spring 2012

Who will be King?

• Sunday River

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Sugarloaf

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Killington

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Loon

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Saddleback

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Stowe

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Sugarbush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay Peak

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

tmcc71

Jay still wins

Just to reiterate, Jay still is king...Canada doesn't count. If we start counting other countries we might as well call North pole glaciers the king of spring.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Didn't they start asking for proof of Canadian residencey in order to accept the currency on par? Now the point is moot.
I saw a sign that mentioned Canadian residency when I went on April 15.

tmcc71 said:
Just to reiterate, Jay still is king...Canada doesn't count. If we start counting other countries we might as well call North pole glaciers the king of spring.

1) There is no lift service skiing in Canada north of the 50 parallel still in operation, heck there is probably only Alyeska AK still operating above the 50th.

2) Jay isn't close of being KOS in the US. :popcorn: But we're not counting the West.

3) MSS is in the East. Involves part of the same New England market that overlaps the border. Probably close to a majority of Jay day-visits are from Canada.

Canada doesn't count, West doesn't count. Only Vermont? :roll: There will still be skiing long after the last snow melt at Jay. Mount Washington NH !!! (hey, you opened the door with that North Pole Glacier thing).:flame:

Tuckerman Ravine is and will always be the ultimate KOS. Case closed.8)

tmcc71

tuckerman, not lift serviced

I'm talking about eastern Us lift service skiing. It's a regional thing we are discussing. if you need a passport to go, it's a different market. Jay peak is in my country and region, had lifts spinning longer than anyone (in my region). It might be The loaf, Killington, or a number of other eastern US resorts next season but Jay happened to grab the unofficial title this year. I'm done with the flame war, but "tuckermans is king of spring, case closed" No, not closed. We are, and always were referring to eastern US resorts spinning lifts the longest. The original poster's poll only mentioned eastern Us resorts and most people were referencing those contenders in this thread. Now all we can do is wait for snow to fly and see who pulls it off next season....case closed...

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I'm talking about eastern Us lift service skiing. It's a regional thing we are discussing. if you need a passport to go, it's a different market. Jay peak is in my country and region, had lifts spinning longer than anyone (in my region). It might be The loaf, killington, or a number of other eastern US resorts next season but Jay happened to grab the unofficial title this year. I'm done with the flame war, but "tuckermans is king of spring, case closed" No, not closed. We are, and always were referring to eastern US resorts spinning lifts longest. Now all we can do is wait for snow to fly and see who pulls it off next season....case closed...

As I mentioned above....I don't care about titles.

Regardless I'll be skiing lift-served (great t-shirt skiing weather yesterday) and not way after Jay Peak has closed. All within a shorter drive from Burlington VT than places like Sugarloaf ME. :cool:

Oh yeah, MSS is still hoping to re-open next weekend.

:popcorn:

tmcc71

great, the Southeast Canadian king is still spinning!

I'm glad MSS is still spinning. That's great for that particular region. They are king of south east Canadian lift serviced skiing. This thread was about the Northeast. Have fun skiing the the Southeastern Canadian king

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
MSS was hoping to maybe make it one last weekend, but the news came down today. The Eastern spinning season is over.

If you want to make some turns before next Fall you'll have to hike or hop on a plane.

C’est fini !!! – Eastern Closing 2012 – Part Last
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/cest-fini-eastern-closing-2012-part-last/

Whatever it is, just make sure to post a TR. I'm glad that a ski area in this part of the world is still spinning lifts.

As you can see I posted a TR on T4T...however I have went to write about last Sunday (I didn't get to take pictures that you would approve - camera was in the car until the last 30 minuites), they were a few that would have made snowmonster drive from Boston to ski Hill 70 last Sunday.:wink: