Killington=AMAZING! The POSITIVE Killington thread!!!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smile Killington=AMAZING! The POSITIVE Killington thread!!!

For the past few weeks, when I have opened up the Alpinezone forum, I always see at least 2-3 threads about the negative's aspects of Killington.

So, here it is. A golden opportunity for you to show the guests that visit the forums (I was a guest myself for at least 2 years on this forum) what you love about Killington!

No Sarcasm allowed!!

No Complaining allowed!

I think this will be a good way to reflect on the reasons we choose Killington--as there are many positive aspects to skiing there versus choosing other resorts.

Have Fun!

I thought this thread about the "no snowmaking required" conditions today was AMAZING!!!

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums...hp?f=1&t=34654
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Its closer to boston than Pico!
    Last edited by rocojerry; Mar 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM. Reason: oh crap, I think that was sarcasm.
    Todo: Cannon, *Wildcat*, *Black*, Pico, MRG, Magic.

11/12 [28]: Sunday River @dawn 2, Sugarloaf 5, Sugarbush 5, Saddleback, Mt Abram, Stowe, Loon 2, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, Eldora, Burke,
    Sugarbush, Jay Peak 2, Smuggs, Killington

Ok, I'll play, really.

- $729 pass, ski more than 50 days = less than $15 per day
    - Ample parking, no need to waste $299 on a parking pass
    - Lots of people tailgating, no need to spend money on overpriced food and bev in the lodges
    - Understaffed ski patrol means no one enforcing trail closures
    - They will open virtually anything even if barely skiable or dangerous, which boosts the trail counts
    - It's really not crowded since they drove off half their customers (you know, the ones who are serious enough to be potential real estate buyers)
    - It's not ski sundown.

Need I go on?
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Lots of steep runs, and 250 inches of snow in average year.

I'm a better skier than 99%+ of the people there on any given day, which is a huge boost for my ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    I'm a better skier than 99%+ of the people there on any given day, which is a huge boost for my ego.
    your ego is important to us Highway Star

With that, be careful what you wish for. If Killington returns to a 1M skier visit mountain, you may only be a 97%er

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Lots of steep runs, and 250 inches of snow in average year.
    I agree with the terrain statement with one caveat: you need to know the mountain and how to ski it. I really like the steeps in the main part of the mountain off of K-1, Superstar, and Canyon.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

If you like to explore the place is huge! It also has a good variety of terrain for everyone.

Also a question-does anyone know what the actual footprint of the resorts acerage is, not skiable acerage but acerage from boundry to boundry?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I agree with the terrain statement with one caveat: you need to know the mountain and how to ski it. I really like the steeps in the main part of the mountain off of K-1, Superstar, and Canyon.
    Me too! Especially Downdraft, Double Dipper, and Ovation.

Thread Information