• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Roemer...foot of snow N. Vermont Fri./Sat. 3-6" elsewh

W

weatherskicat

Contrary to some of the maps that suggest just some light snow across most of Vermont/NH/Maine, I have seen this situation before that when the west warms up, the maps "underdo" snow amounts in the east and formations of coastal lows. This is the time of the year that strong baroclinicty (temp contrasts) are the highest, and hence, Nor'easters tend to form.

I think the chances are at least 60% that a coastal storm will form north of Cape Code later Friday and move up the Maine coast bringing at least 6" of snow to some northern regions, with even a few inches of snow to S. Vermont and the Catskills as well--some places from Stowe to Jay will probably get close to a foot.

If you want ski tickets to Mad River Glen or Magic Mountain for $19...e-mail me at drskiweather@aol.com

Jim :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Bring it on! Off to Beast (if they stay open) or Jiminy on Sunday.

W

weatherskicat

Re: Roemer...Foot of snow N. Vermont Fri-Sat/ 3-6" else

weatherskicat said:
Contrary to some of the maps that suggest just some light snow across most of Vermont/NH/Maine, I have seen this situation before that when the west warms up, the maps "underdo" snow amounts in the east and formations of coastal lows. This is the time of the year that strong baroclinicty (temp contrasts) are the highest, and hence, Nor'easters tend to form.

I think the chances are at least 67% that a coastal storm will form north of Cape Code later Friday and move up the coast bringing at least 6" of snow to some northern regions, with even a few inches of snow to S. Vermont and the Catskills as well. SOme areas will get close to a foot up north.

If you want ski tickets to Mad River Glen or Magic Mountain for $19...e-mail me at drskiweather@aol.com

Jim :lol:

Mikec13

I hope you are right! BTW I have enjoyed your weather site...I just found it this winter and I refer to it quite often...Thanks