• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

American Idol - Season 11

Warp Daddy

I agree guys for the MOST part the song selection of that decade sux bigtime, Gary i agree about the damn judges being schitzoid in their analysis :D:D .

Yo Dawg , Ryan --Does ANY of them have anything to really say ??Mostly just filled to hear their own voices - C'mon guys .

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I agree guys for the MOST part the song selection of that decade sux bigtime, Gary i agree about the damn judges being schitzoid in their analysis :D:D .

Yo Dawg , Ryan --Does ANY of them have anything to really say ??Mostly just filled to hear their own voices - C'mon guys .

Warp, you sound just a bit pitchy.

Warp Daddy

Pretty good show last nite , all performances were good a few were really strong . Picking bottom 3 is NOW simply popularity as the talent is decent finally . I'm betting Hollie the little blond goes , but dayum what was PhilPhil thinking last nite with THAT song ??

He'll survive BUT MAY be in bottom 3 bcuz of that boring AZZ song

SkiFanE

Pretty good show last nite , all performances were good a few were really strong . Picking bottom 3 is NOW simply popularity as the talent is decent finally . I'm betting Hollie the little blond goes , but dayum what was PhilPhil thinking last nite with THAT song ??

He'll survive BUT MAY be in bottom 3 bcuz of that boring AZZ song

Great group this time around. Because my 6yo son decided to go hide very well in his closet, then fall asleep...so we couldn't find him and had no idea where he was...so called 911 and had the cops over just as we find him snoozing...I missed a few performances lol (took an hour to get my heart rate back to normal range, it was an awful thing to go through!).

Phil was so so, but I think he'll get the votes anyway. I'm guess Hollie goes home, just don't think she AI material (from a confidence, thick skin perspective, even though she has a great voice).

gmcunni

agree with you guys. i think Holly was weakest last night, tho i do like her. it is the kiss of death when the judges only positive comment is "you look great tonight".

haven't been a phil fan at all this year buy my wife assures me he'll go far with the cougar votes.

jessica aka bb chez is starting to bug me. i think she's a high maintenance princess with a big ego. she can sing tho.

what really bothers me this year is what the producers are doing. seems like they are showcasing the performance more than the singers. what i mean is how they are adding stuff and doing crazy camera cuts and effects. last night it was most noticeable (for me) on Josh's performance. a hot gogo dancer in the back, camera shots of group of horn players, camera effects in sync with the music, cutting to new camera angle every 3 seconds. i realize the show is a vehicle for FOX to make $$ rather than a "talent discovery" show but i'm put off by it all.

gmcunni

Because my 6yo son decided to go hide very well in his closet, then fall asleep...so we couldn't find him and had no idea where he was...so called 911 and had the cops over just as we find him snoozing.

glad it turned out OK. was once seconds from calling 911 when our son was about the same age and decided to sleep under the dining room table rather than his bed.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
agree with you guys. i think Holly was weakest last night, tho i do like her. it is the kiss of death when the judges only positive comment is "you look great tonight".

Yep, my comment exactly about the you look great part. Holly's history. She's good, but the others are better. Perfect is a very emotional song, she sang it good, but with no emotion whatsoever.

Warp Daddy

Great group this time around. Because my 6yo son decided to go hide very well in his closet, then fall asleep...so we couldn't find him and had no idea where he was...so called 911 and had the cops over just as we find him snoozing...I missed a few performances lol (took an hour to get my heart rate back to normal range, it was an awful thing to go through!).

Phil was so so, but I think he'll get the votes anyway. I'm guess Hollie goes home, just don't think she AI material (from a confidence, thick skin perspective, even though she has a great voice).

WOW !! sure glad your son was OK , dayum i can only imagine what u must have been going through!

Now you have some great grist for future story telling when you are a grandmother and can BUST on him and how you reacted and missed some great AI performances because he decided to play Hide n' Seek without your knowledge -- hehehehehehe

Being a grandparent is Awesome = especially when it comes to PAYBACK -- Roflmao :D:D:D

Warp Daddy

haven't been a phil fan at all this year buy my wife assures me he'll go far with the cougar votes.

jessica aka bb chez is starting to bug me. i think she's a high maintenance princess with a big ego. she can sing tho.

what really bothers me this year is what the producers are doing. seems like they are showcasing the performance more than the singers. what i mean is how they are adding stuff and doing crazy camera cuts and effects. last night it was most noticeable (for me) on Josh's performance. a hot gogo dancer in the back, camera shots of group of horn players, camera effects in sync with the music, cutting to new camera angle every 3 seconds. i realize the show is a vehicle for FOX to make $$ rather than a "talent discovery" show but i'm put off by it all.

Think you are Spot on on most of this !!

Jessica has talent BUT i totally agree about High Maintenance and also probably high Compulsion bordering on perfectionism in terms of the craft . Her drive while commendable to a degree gave me the impression that it is rather emotionally austere and limits her ability to seriously RELATE to her peer group -- I may be nutz here but she was seemingly awkward last nite in relating to her partners in the 'informal" stuff before the performance - maybe i'm off the wall on this BUT sure seemed so to me .

I do like Phil he is so off the wall and differant . Also liike Elise and for the first time i THINK joshua slayed that Bruno Mars giglast nite . Was n't really a fan b4 but now he has shown me something

Warp Daddy

Forgot -- But although NOT a CW fan - I think Skylar Laine will be a star in that genre . The kid has got the goods AND a huge amount of stage moxie .

Warp Daddy

A redneck and does not like CW. You are not from the BURG. :snow:

Roflmao !!!!!!!!!! Well played Puck but ask Campy -----i'm a Metal guy------------love playin my guitars w/ amps and trick boxes at max vol . Ya know Jimmy , Slash , and a few others . BTW like Campy i am originally from CNY baby !

SkiFanE

Think you are Spot on on most of this !!

Jessica has talent BUT i totally agree about High Maintenance and also probably high Compulsion bordering on perfectionism in terms of the craft . Her drive while commendable to a degree gave me the impression that it is rather emotionally austere and limits her ability to seriously RELATE to her peer group -- I may be nutz here but she was seemingly awkward last nite in relating to her partners in the 'informal" stuff before the performance - maybe i'm off the wall on this BUT sure seemed so to me .

I do like Phil he is so off the wall and differant . Also liike Elise and for the first time i THINK joshua slayed that Bruno Mars giglast nite . Was n't really a fan b4 but now he has shown me something

Yes..it was right before the Bruno Mars that the crisis began...have to youtube that one.

My mother had actually left our house about 15mins before we noticed our son gone...so I had to call her to be sure he wasn't hiding in her car or something lol...I'm all flustered and stuff and she's like "oh..he'll turn up"?! WTF..hasn't she seen Dateline, 20/20....these things can turn out BAD! Grandparents...geez :roll:. And at dinner we were talking about how fearful it is to have kids nowadays..when my sis was 21 she took a solo cross country driving trip (mid/late 70s) and it was just accepted that she'd send a postcard every now and then..maybe a pay phone call if she called collect or had some $. Then one day she just shows up at home unannounced. Imagine that happening now?! "Be sure to update facebook, keep your cell phone charged so I know where you are..yadda yadda". Time have changed, the things that went through my mind in that 10 mins of fright were all induced by the TV news!!!!!