• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

American Idol - Season 11

gmcunni

Tonites Bottom 3 :
Phillip - POOR song choice almost Painful to listen to .,

Elise -- same reason on 2 nd song

-- I really like them both but c'mon dudes U gotta get with the program at this stage of THE GAME.

and # 3 Jessica she couldn't do a Freddy Mercury song IF he POSSESSED her - sorry but that was ghastly

Skylar was smokin last nite and even tho i still think he has an overcompensation on "screaming n' screeching" Joshua dis ok and Lil Holly was "in the pocket" on her vocals .

Fans revenge comes home to roost tonite : Buh Bye Jessica if not her then Elise because she's "da ole Lady"

i don't see Jessica going home tonight. she's obviously a judge (producer) favorite and did you catch how they played on our emotions with the whole "my dad is in the army. he was in the gulf and he's being redeployed to singapore, he'll be here tomorrow (thurs) night and i'll get to see him . . blah blah blah i dedicate my 2nd song to him yada yada yada" how can she go home after that? and yes, it hit me emotionally, as they wanted it to.

Warp Daddy

i don't see Jessica going home tonight. she's obviously a judge (producer) favorite and did you catch how they played on our emotions with the whole "my dad is in the army. he was in the gulf and he's being redeployed to singapore, he'll be here tomorrow (thurs) night and i'll get to see him . . blah blah blah i dedicate my 2nd song to him yada yada yada" how can she go home after that? and yes, it hit me emotionally, as they wanted it to.

I guess i NOT only SAW that BUT frankly was TURNED off by the obvious HOMERISM of the insiders . We'll see if she EXPANDS her voter demographic now that its getting down to crunch time and her obvious lack of charisma/ stage presence is more exposed. She is a good "studio only " voice - performance , excitement . , NOT so much .

She has potential that is huge BUT needs to develop these sides if she ever is to fill arenas

gmcunni

my wife sent me this from the "vote for the worst" website

Phillip Phillips made us proud - when everyone else was putting us to sleep, Phillip sang "Fat Bottomed Girls" to make VFTW happy. Then he mocked all of the other contestants in his confessionals. Then he shrugged off all of the Dave Matthews Band comparisons by singing Dave Matthews Band. We love this guy, it's like he's giving a giant middle finger to everyone every week because he feels like it. You think I sound like Dave Matthews? Fuck off, I can sing what I want. I can't wear gray? Gray every week, bitches.

Warp Daddy

No surprise last nite - i liked Elise and as a rocker she was "in the pocket" but frankly i think her age was a liability in THIS show.

WGWG will win THIS -- i'm damn near certain -- especially after he was NOT in the bottom 3 last nite which coincides with VFTW 's push.

gmcunni

i think it is a popularity contest at this point.

nice to see the judges finally give Hollie some props but the whole "for the record we love you.. . ." crap Randy was spewing was obviously in response to being criticized for showing favoritism to other contestants on previous episodes.

Jessica continues to drop in my opinion, less due to her singing (tho it seems like we're seeing her limits on certain types of songs) more to do with her diva-like presence.

tough call on who's in the bottom 3 at this point - i'll say Jessica, Phil and Hollie tonight on the show. my personal bottom 3 is Jessica, Josh and Skylar.

Warp Daddy

Yep it now all about voter demographics . Anybody's game - Inot a big fan of Jessica or josh but he was on his game last nite , her second song was very good .

WTF was Phil Phil doing last nite trying to blow it ????? His version of the Box tops "the letter" was gawd awful and his second effort was mediocre at best-- starting to look like a one trick pony @ the WRONG time .

Warp Daddy

Damn - sorry to see her go -- great energy -- she's going to do VERY well in the industry

The Honey Badger and VFTW FTW :D-- who knew ???

gmcunni

wife and i both shocked. figured she had the redneck...um.. err, country vote all sewn up and was a lock for the finals.

happy to see hollie safe tho, the votes i sent her way last night must have helped.

Warp Daddy

Country vote fizzled which is surprising or there just MAY be a voting backlash since last yrs final had 2 country artists and that was underwhelming

gmcunni

sad to say it but i think Hollie goes home tonight.

when she sang the duet with Jessica it was pretty obvious who had the best singing voice.