• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

American Idol - Season 11

gmcunni

not a big fan of anyone yet but there is some good talent this season.

like Hollie Cavanagh and Jessica Sanchez.

somebody is singing Led Zep tonight.

Warp Daddy

Yeah well ---------------give a listen

last nites performance was simply OUTSTANDING especially that 28 yr old music teacher she outdid Robert Plant !! Frankly most of this yrs crop would outpace the so called talent that is out there professionally right NOW

This talent pool is DEEP this yr !!and frankly every single performance last nite was the BEST i've seen in yrs and i've been a musician for over 50 yrs . There are several that are READY right now and uniquely gifted .

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yeah well ---------------give a listen

last nites performance was simply OUTSTANDING especially that 28 yr old music teacher she outdid Robert Plant !! Frankly most of this yrs crop would outpace the so called talent that is out there professionally right NOW

This talent pool is DEEP this yr !!and frankly every single performance last nite was the BEST i've seen in yrs and i've been a musician for over 50 yrs . There are several that are READY right now and uniquely gifted .

I wasn't impressed, she had the voice, for me, the delivery just wasn't there. However, I'd like to hear her or even more so, Skylar, tackle a Janis Joplin song. Any time I hear either of them, Joplin is the first thing I think of.

Warp Daddy

I wasn't impressed, she had the voice, for me, the delivery just wasn't there. However, I'd like to hear her or even more so, Skylar, tackle a Janis Joplin song. Any time I hear either of them, Joplin is the first thing I think of.

Elise hit the notes !!!!!!!! on a damn near impossible to clone vocal . Skylar brings a consistantly vibrant energy to the PERFORMANCE aspects of musicianship and has "pop" ( can work the audience) !

Phillip IMO is gonna be huge-- very unique style and his own artist SO FREAKIN DIFFERANT -- ain't trying to b like anybody -- KNOW's who he is !! !

The 2 young girls also deliver . The 2 gospel guys are good too may sell well in that market .

The 2 with the least IMHO are Deandre and Heejun --

But as far as last nite's performance i think EACH was in THEIR sweet spot .

I think it's time for DeAndre to leave, soon followed by Heejun

gmcunni

I wasn't impressed, she had the voice, for me, the delivery just wasn't there.

here is her performance -

i agree in that her stage presence wasn't great, but i think the camera work in the beginning (all the zooming and camera changes) didn't help.

SkiFanE

Agree with Warp - DEEP talent this year, best ever I think. Be hard to choose who should go home, but I think it's the Cavanaugh girl (irish one)...she is awesome but probably the weakest. Not a fan of the guy with the dreads/curls, but he did nail that song.

I <3 Phil Phillips, that guy is awesome and so freaking adorable and down to earth. Colton surprised me too. Half asleep by the time Elise came on though, will rewatch...just remember the end where she nailed it.

Warp Daddy

America got it almost right - Curley headed Deandre should have gone b4 Heejun ---but Heejun was a close second . He closed the show in style though -- props to him .

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Elise hit the notes !!!!!!!! on a damn near impossible to clone vocal . Skylar brings a consistantly vibrant energy to the PERFORMANCE aspects of musicianship and has "pop" ( can work the audience) !

Phillip IMO is gonna be huge-- very unique style and his own artist SO FREAKIN DIFFERANT -- ain't trying to b like anybody -- KNOW's who he is !! !

The 2 young girls also deliver . The 2 gospel guys are good too may sell well in that market .

The 2 with the least IMHO are Deandre and Heejun --

But as far as last nite's performance i think EACH was in THEIR sweet spot .

I think it's time for DeAndre to leave, soon followed by Heejun

I'm surprised Deandre even made the top 10 much less the top ten. I just find him annoying.

jlboyell

whats funny is that robert plant looked and acted like the 28 yr old school teacher when he could actually sing

Warp Daddy

I'm surprised Deandre even made the top 10 much less the top ten. I just find him annoying.

I totally agree -- somehow that falsetto is over-used and to me is like nails on a chalkboard . I think that guy singers should have reached puberty :D:D:D

And yeah i also agree that Elise channelled Robert Plant -

SkiFanE

Not really certain this week But I'm betting the little blonde goes home, others in bottom 3 DeAndre and maybe Elise (hope not)

Agree about the blonde girl, others I"m not sure. Last night reminded me how much 80s music sucked lol.

The judges seem to go overboard on their praise of the duets.

gmcunni

Not really certain this week But I'm betting the little blonde goes home, others in bottom 3 DeAndre and maybe Elise (hope not)

i'd have to agree but hope it is deandre to go home rather than hollie.

Last night reminded me how much 80s music sucked lol.
i was hoping for some awesome rock and was very disappointed with the songs chosen.

The judges seem to go overboard on their praise of the duets.

starting to get sick of the judges. for 1 person they say "don't worry about the song, just sing whatever it is GREAT" and the next person they say they picked the wrong song. which is it? song choice matters or doesn't?

my 18yo son walked in during the show and the camera cut to Tyler. My son's words "I like Aerosmith but that guy is creepy"