• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

American Idol - Season 11

Puck it

Roflmao !!!!!!!!!! Well played Puck but ask Campy -----i'm a Metal guy------------love playin my guitars w/ amps and trick boxes at max vol . Ya know Jimmy , Slash , and a few others . BTW like Campy i am originally from CNY baby !

One of those CNY'ers!

Warp Daddy

Holy Backlash vote Batman -- Looks like a Vote for the worst campaign has been started to counter the yea - saying judges and Jimmy .

prediction : Next week TWO go HOME the save is gone !!!!!!!!!!

57stevey

I call shenanigans, and I'm normally far from a conspiracy guy. Oh, and the save will definitely stand since they lost a week when Jermaine was excused.

gmcunni

I call shenanigans, and I'm normally far from a conspiracy guy. Oh, and the save will definitely stand since they lost a week when Jermaine was excused.

Phillip was the "vote for the worst" candidate, i have no idea why hollie was not in bottom 3. she's not that distinct that she'd have some niche audience voting for her.

ScottySkis

This show Jumped the Shark a few years ago. Does anyone still care about American Idol?
No i tried watching it few years ago but that was mainly because pretty girls at worked liked the show and gave something to talk about other then skiing.

Warp Daddy

This show Jumped the Shark a few years ago. Does anyone still care about American Idol?

Not true at all check the TV ratings this WEEK for the day and time slot Thursday and you'll see IDOL has a HUGE rATING ----------- #1 market share of the 18-49 age bracket

Warp Daddy

H'mm interesting performances last nite . I think Colton slipped up especially with the second song BUT the litlle teeny boppers and preteens will probably keep him in .

So now it comes down to popularity --------------------buh bye Elise ( dammit the girl CAN sing )

Interesting reactions by the Judges -- they were quick to "praise " wink wink Holly probably so there would Be NO NEGATIVE vote against their pre- ordained favorite Be Be Chez -- oops that B Jessica :D:D

So we'll see ------- frankly they are all good at this point and many will have a fine career-- notably Phil/Phil, Skylar ( BOTH of whom have real stage presence and Energy) The otheres are good singers but need to ramp up some excitement

gmcunni

i was not overly impressed last night, though it could be said i wasn't watching intently.

i did think Hollie's opening number was very good. recall liking Elise's first song and Colton being a bit of a snooze.

in general the whole 2nd half of the show didn't hold my interest.

in general i'm growing tired of the artists coming out week after week and sounding like they did the week before. i like in years past where the producers/judges pushed the contestants to NOT be a 1 trick pony but rather show their ability to perform different styles. However, Scotty won it all last year doing that and Skylar is following in his foot steps - all country all the time - and the judges are encouraging it.

Warp Daddy

I here ya --

u have to believe the BEST advice is to be true to Who you are as an artist/performer and Smile a lot but don't overly concern yourself with the Judges - They have proven to be both fickle and often wrong PP and Skylar are sticking to what they have bcuz it WILL be 'commercial" after this is all over .

Whether they "WIN" this Game is inconsequential --What counts is that they stick around get more exposure and push the buttons of their TARGET market

Puck it

Well THAT was interesting ! a slight curve ball given the typical voter demographic

He blew it himself and said it. He sucked. I think Holly is a very good singer but no stage presence like Skylar.

Jessica and Joh have to go next. Nails on a blackboard for me when I hear both especially Josh.

Warp Daddy

Yeah Puck i agree Josh has a tendency to OVERSING a song and his "runs" are more gutteral than i care for . His gospel roots are deep and that will appeal to many but it gonna be damn tough to beat to well know WGWG syndrome on AI ( White Guy with Guitar ). That and JLo gushing and gettin her panties all in a knot and her damn 'goosies" over Phil Phil and with Colton now gone

my prediction Phil Phil is also the clear choice on the female bopper market segment Skylar brings heat to the stage and has the chops and the stage presence and a HUGE crossover country /southern rock market segment going for her . So i 'm thinking it comes down to them and or maybe Jessica but her demographic doesn't seem to have the voting strength .

By now i'm asuming if no one screws up voice wise this is how it'll play out my $$ on PP or Skylar

gmcunni

again turned off with the over the top productions.

judges are obviously playing favorites.

tyler to singer 1 - you have to pick songs people know at this point in the competition, don't go with songs people can sing along with

tyler to singer 2 - it was great how you took a song nobody knows and ran with it.

rooting for hollie and elise but doubt either will win.

i don't care for Phil's singing but am getting a kick out of how he seems to purposefully do everything they tell him not to.

Warp Daddy

Tonites Bottom 3 :
Phillip - POOR song choice almost Painful to listen to .,

Elise -- same reason on 2 nd song

-- I really like them both but c'mon dudes U gotta get with the program at this stage of THE GAME.

and # 3 Jessica she couldn't do a Freddy Mercury song IF he POSSESSED her - sorry but that was ghastly

Skylar was smokin last nite and even tho i still think he has an overcompensation on "screaming n' screeching" Joshua dis ok and Lil Holly was "in the pocket" on her vocals .

Fans revenge comes home to roost tonite : Buh Bye Jessica if not her then Elise because she's "da ole Lady"