• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 3.0 at Sugarloaf Mountain, 3/30 - 4/1

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ski Stef was hungover from the flight over :lol: we had to make several stops on the way up.

:puke:

Ugh. That was rough. Still under the weather but pushed it through for the great 3 days of skiing!

Famous last words.. I'm never drinking again. But seriously :)

snowmonster

Ugh. That was rough. Still under the weather but pushed it through for the great 3 days of skiing!

Famous last words.. I'm never drinking again. But seriously :)

Ah, but this is the best way to enjoy the slopes. If I make it to next year's summit, remind me to bring my flask of magic potion. Your brother had a swig (or two) at MRG. It cures what ails ya!

Reminds me of a flight I took once. My row turned into an impromptu party. After a while, the flight attendant just kept giving me double shots of scotch. A good time was had by all. That was the shortest 14 hour flight I ever took.

Cheese

Famous last words.. I'm never drinking again.

Who said that? I'm pretty sure your last words Saturday night were, "We should do shots of Jäger!"

I do think it's funny that, even after meeting people, we still refer to them in person by their handle rather than their name

Screen names are probably better when someone is counting on their fingers while doing the math to determine if the girl in the, "Class of 2019" shirt is of legal age in Maine. Just sayin' ...

Last edited:

vdk03

It was an all around great weekend, lots of laughs, good company and plenty of runs (for the limited terrain open we certainly did a lot of skiing/riding). Brad, Ethan and the whole Sugarloaf crew really did a great job of setting this up for us. It was nice to put a face to the members, and see that quite a few of them could really rip.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Video of the Summit. I had to work with that we had (groomers!).

Sorry to all who didn't make it into the video; I didn't have the camera on the entire time, that includes xwhaler & crew, rocojerry, cornhead, backloafriver, and if I forgot anyone else, sorry :)

Cheese

@ 2:18 I hook my ski brake in the hole in my pants but manage to free it before disaster strikes.

Great job filming Nick. I miss all you actors and actresses. Let it snow!!!

Cornhead

@ 2:18 I hook my ski brake in the hole in my pants but manage to free it before disaster strikes.

And I thought you were just showing off. Nick, great job on the video, come on, admit it, your camera was rolling during the infamous "chair lift incident", and that footage ended up on the cutting room floor.:wink:

So glad I crashed your party, everyone was great. Too bad there wasn't more terrain available, the back side was open at the end of April last year, it was nuts. Cheese, nice recovery, I can't even imagine you loosing control, that would have been fun to watch, as long as you weren't hurt. Oh, I love the still shot at the end, what an awesome mountain.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice work on the video Nick. Looks like you guys had a good time, despite limited terrain. I wish I could have made it!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

haha, the last footage is from stef. She has her gopro set wrong (to 960 res) which is why the letterboxing on the side.

I thought the ski in the air thing was some sort of showmanship :lol:

Cheese

haha, the last footage is from stef.

Well that explains the focus on my (_!_)

Hi Stef!
wub.gif

I thought the ski in the air thing was some sort of showmanship :lol:

Showmanship? Me? You know I'm a conservative skier ... :dontknow: