On mountain food prices - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Lobster rolls were $8. Two for $15. I don't think it gets better than that! Skipped the lines at the passholders' barbecue and had a $5 cheeseburger to get back on the hill quickly. Didn't want to miss the naked skiers doing backflips!
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    Your voice was heard! They had the grills going at Barker yesterday and burgers were $5.00 and dogs were $2.50.
    Naw...they were always $5. Either the one day OP was there they hiked them up to $7, but every other day I've been there, it's been $5. The lobstah rolls, everything has always seemed like a decent deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    Naw...they were always $5. Either the one day OP was there they hiked them up to $7, but every other day I've been there, it's been $5. The lobstah rolls, everything has always seemed like a decent deal to me.
    I don't pay attention to prices typically, but I don't doubt what you are saying. My post was meant more as a joke really. I just happened to glance at the prices yesterday, and laughed thinking back to this thread.

I enjoyed the free food at the season's pass holder bbq, especially the shrimp! They really put out a pretty good spread for a free meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    I don't pay attention to prices typically, but I don't doubt what you are saying. My post was meant more as a joke really. I just happened to glance at the prices yesterday, and laughed thinking back to this thread.

I enjoyed the free food at the season's pass holder bbq, especially the shrimp! They really put out a pretty good spread for a free meal.
    We didn't get to So. Ridge for the freebie - didn't have much time to kill so spent it all on the snow lol...it's usually good, just involves waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    We didn't get to So. Ridge for the freebie - didn't have much time to kill so spent it all on the snow lol...it's usually good, just involves waiting.
    Yeah; the only time I've really stopped skiing is when I was hired on contract to consult for Stratton (effectively getting paid to eat at an on mountain establishment and report on the experience) but those days are long gone. I do not even pay up for on mountain food if the skiing is free. The best food tends to be at the sit down restaurants on mountain (such as Grizzly's) and it just takes too much time. That's why I typically pack things that are dense into my coat/ski pants such as energy bars and a sandwich to keep on going.

Thread Information