On mountain food prices - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 125 of 125
  1. #121
    snowmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my mind, northern New England
    Posts
    4,038
    Lobster rolls were $8. Two for $15. I don't think it gets better than that! Skipped the lines at the passholders' barbecue and had a $5 cheeseburger to get back on the hill quickly. Didn't want to miss the naked skiers doing backflips!
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    Your voice was heard! They had the grills going at Barker yesterday and burgers were $5.00 and dogs were $2.50.
    Naw...they were always $5. Either the one day OP was there they hiked them up to $7, but every other day I've been there, it's been $5. The lobstah rolls, everything has always seemed like a decent deal to me.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Gloucester, ME
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    Naw...they were always $5. Either the one day OP was there they hiked them up to $7, but every other day I've been there, it's been $5. The lobstah rolls, everything has always seemed like a decent deal to me.
    I don't pay attention to prices typically, but I don't doubt what you are saying. My post was meant more as a joke really. I just happened to glance at the prices yesterday, and laughed thinking back to this thread.

    I enjoyed the free food at the season's pass holder bbq, especially the shrimp! They really put out a pretty good spread for a free meal.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    I don't pay attention to prices typically, but I don't doubt what you are saying. My post was meant more as a joke really. I just happened to glance at the prices yesterday, and laughed thinking back to this thread.

    I enjoyed the free food at the season's pass holder bbq, especially the shrimp! They really put out a pretty good spread for a free meal.
    We didn't get to So. Ridge for the freebie - didn't have much time to kill so spent it all on the snow lol...it's usually good, just involves waiting.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    We didn't get to So. Ridge for the freebie - didn't have much time to kill so spent it all on the snow lol...it's usually good, just involves waiting.
    Yeah; the only time I've really stopped skiing is when I was hired on contract to consult for Stratton (effectively getting paid to eat at an on mountain establishment and report on the experience) but those days are long gone. I do not even pay up for on mountain food if the skiing is free. The best food tends to be at the sit down restaurants on mountain (such as Grizzly's) and it just takes too much time. That's why I typically pack things that are dense into my coat/ski pants such as energy bars and a sandwich to keep on going.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.