New equipment from SAC

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New equipment from SAC

My saddle and my wife's bike shorts came in yesterday from SAC. Good stuff, I still have shorts coming in. Just sucks that now I'll have to wait until next season to truly try them out. But then again, should be skiing this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    My saddle and my wife's bike shorts came in yesterday from SAC. Good stuff, I still have shorts coming in. Just sucks that now I'll have to wait until next season to truly try them out. But then again, should be skiing this weekend
    Just as frustrating as buying ski gear at the end of season sales and then waiting for the white stuff to fly the following season. My Nordica Beasts get their first action next Friday. Hopefully....

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Just as frustrating as buying ski gear at the end of season sales and then waiting for the white stuff to fly the following season. My Nordica Beasts get their first action next Friday. Hopefully....
    I have no problem with it. I buy end of season whenever possible, have saved tons of money doing that. But would be nice to go on a nice 40-50 mile ride to give the new equipment a good test

I have no problem with it. I buy end of season whenever possible, have saved tons of money doing that. But would be nice to go on a nice 40-50 mile ride to give the new equipment a good test
    What's stopping you from riding now? Cold weather?
    Local bike club continues road rides all winter , unless there's snow or ice.
    I have to admit I rarely ride when it's below 40 degrees but i know alot of people who road bike below freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    I have to admit I rarely ride when it's below 40 degrees but i know alot of people who road bike below freezing.
    1. Cold
    2. Dark
    3. I'm not as young and core as I used to be

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    Riding in the dark has lost its luster. On the other hand, if the pavement is clear, I don't care about the cold, as long as it's in daylight.

so whats the difference between riding and skiing when its cold?? if you wear the proper gear you are fine, jeezzssshhh, thought you guys were hardcore.....
    updownupdownupdownupdown

Quote Originally Posted by SKIQUATTRO View Post
    so whats the difference between riding and skiing when its cold?? if you wear the proper gear you are fine, jeezzssshhh, thought you guys were hardcore.....
    I second that emotion. In fact, I'm getting some of those Pearl Izumi "AmFib" bib tights that have the double wind protection layer in front. IO also wear rubber surgical gloves under the full finger bike gloves.

I am not "that" core, ever have been. Even in my younger days when 100+ mile rides @ 20+ mph were nothing special, the idea of riding in the dark, cold, or rain, just never appealed to me. I guess you can just call me a fair weather biker

Got another package from SAC yesterday, pair of Oakley Bike Shorts. Great shorts! Unfortunetly they send the wrong size Called them up and they immediately emailed me a UPS shipping slip so that I don't have to pay postage and assured me they would send the right size. Gotta love this place.

Thread Information