• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Infamous "How Do You Wear Your Pass?" Question

Smellytele

I have used the arm band for years and have never had it slide down passed my elbow. I can't stand the lanyard thing. Either it would blow around and wack me in the face when not tucked away or when tucked away it is a pain in the arse to dig out. I do not like it hanging off of anything either because it always bugs me with it flapping around.

nycskier

When I had the old America Ski Company All for One pass I used to keep it on one of those retractable thingies attached to my ski pants.

For the 3 years I was skiingin Tahoe kept my Epic Pass or Heavenly Ski pass in my wallet with my IDs and credit cards since there machines could scan through clothing. I kept my Kirkwood pass on a rope around my neck but it didnt matter there because no one ever bothered to check it!

snosharkrider

I have hooked the pass to one of those retractable string devices. The string device is connected to D-ring on pants. Its at waist level so easy to retrieve to display/scan. Never lost a pass using this system.

Its also useful when going to another mountain. The old fashion metal wicket ticket can be easily removed at the end of day by unclipping it.

gmcunni

when i wear a pass that has to be checked/scanned i have a key ring on a belt loop of my pants. usually my jacket hangs over it so i just lift the bottom of the jacket to show the liftie.

my rfid card from sundown just went into an available pocket, preferably on my arm if i had a shirt that accommodated it.

gmcunni

I didn't know that Sundown had RFID.

yup, first year for them. only "paying" season ticket holders got. employees got a scannable season pass and day tickets also were traditional scanner ones.

it led to some interesting line mgt issues, especially early in the year.

next year i hear they will be 100% rfid.

vdk03

Pass goes into the integrated pass pocket in my Burton pants. I just have to point to my right leg when I cruise by the liftie so he can scan it. Wickets also go on the pants and preferably through the metal part of the zipper and not the string that you grab.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

speden

I use the neck lanyard and then zip it into a front pocket on my jacket so that it doesn't flap around. It's a pain to take it out, but I think they only asked to see my pass a couple times all season at WaWa. I don't like mountains that want to scan you every trip on the lift.

Geoff

I actually tried it on my leg but the funny thing was it actually sort of kept me off balance. I couldnt get used to it.

I've worn it on my shin for years. I used to have one that clipped onto my goggle strap on my helmet but I kept breaking it in the trees.

drjeff

Retractable strings for the whole family - I just add a split ring to fortify the attachment at both the coat pocket zipper and the pass ring interfaces. Been using that set up exclusively for the family for years and have never had a problem for any of us, and cumulatively we get between 150-200 days a year, and even my kids who regularly pull on them have been fine

witch hobble

Key ring attached to little loop under one of the belt loops on my ski pants. Made for this purpose I think.

Next year I'm signing up for the "All Everywhere Epic Retina Scan" Pass. :daffy:

SkiFanE

A keyring attached to belt loop on ski pants for seasons pass.. Love retractables but don't trust anymore, kids have broken. Just have to lift up coat a bit to show, but no flapping when skiing.

I would leave at home if it wasn't attached, never take off until washing pants and I wear the same pants every ski day.

Hawkshot99

Key ring on belt loop for my season pass. But never have to show it as all the lifties know me(except on race night when I am in my GS suit with no pass after the run(pass is on the pants at top of run.)

At other resorts I use a key ring on a pant zipper for easy access, or a rfid around my neck.

I use to always do the arm band just above the knee. Never had to worry about it sliding.