• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Youthful Tattoos Turn Into Grown-Up Regrets

Glenn

Nearly half -- 49 percent -- of adults 18 to 29 have a tattoo and it's estimated that a new tattoo studio opens every day. But the tattoo removal business is booming, too, as youthful decisions quickly turn into grown-up regrets

I don't have any tatoos. I don't have anything against them, I'm just not into it. But I see a lot of people my age and younger who have them. This article sums up what happens when people change their mind. I'm thinking of investing in a company that makes these lasers.... :wink:

It sounds like the removal of single tatoos is fairly easy. But what about those arm sleeves?

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/30391760/detail.html

deadheadskier

Staff member
No tattoos here either. Nothing against them. If there is a particular design I like, I simply buy a T-shirt.

I wonder if employees at the removal places who are charged with removing tramp stamps on aging overweight women are given hazard pay

kickstand

It sounds like the removal of single tatoos is fairly easy. But what about those arm sleeves?

People who get sleeves have no intention of ever getting them removed. It is an insane number of hours in the chair and an awful lot of money. I know a few folks with sleeves and not one of them regrets it or would have them removed. Getting those is a big commitment, versus the one-off piece someone gets done in an hour on a Saturday afternoon.

SkiFanE

People who get sleeves have no intention of ever getting them removed. It is an insane number of hours in the chair and an awful lot of money. I know a few folks with sleeves and not one of them regrets it or would have them removed. Getting those is a big commitment, versus the one-off piece someone gets done in an hour on a Saturday afternoon.

Of course not...but how about in 20 years? When the colors bleed, fade and their arms start jiggling. Cripes..I buy a blouse with a pattern and I hate it in 3 years...someone will love their sleeve in 20..why don't I believe it!

My parents friend growing up was 18yo in WWII in Germany when he got his tattoos. I will always remember him as a Dad in his 50s/60s with tattoos above his nipples... one said "sweet" one said "sour"...it was a riot when he was 18yo and afraid he'd be dead anyday lol! That was a good learning experience for "tatoos are permanent". Although I'm considering one now myself hehe...mid life crisis :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Of course not...but how about in 20 years? When the colors bleed, fade and their arms start jiggling. Cripes..I buy a blouse with a pattern and I hate it in 3 years...someone will love their sleeve in 20..why don't I believe it!

My parents friend growing up was 18yo in WWII in Germany when he got his tattoos. I will always remember him as a Dad in his 50s/60s with tattoos above his nipples... one said "sweet" one said "sour"...it was a riot when he was 18yo and afraid he'd be dead anyday lol! That was a good learning experience for "tatoos are permanent". Although I'm considering one now myself hehe...mid life crisis :)

Just sag first, then tattoo. Then you don't have to worry about sagging later :lol:

Puck it

I thought you had one!

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No regrets :)
I realize when im older it may not look as good as it does now...

I have called it quits with the ink. 2 is enough.

jaja111

None for me. It must go into the ground and be gone in the same condition it arrived, minus the copious wear and tear. I'd even be skeeved my screws, artificial joints, or a swallowed marble that never came out.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Anyone have or know someone with skiing related tattoos?

I knew a guy in Stowe who had the Fischer "triangles" on his shoulder. Hope he always likes that brand.

skiahman

I've often thought about getting a Sugarloaf logo tattoo. Never did but think about it often. Just the triangle, not the lettering. Anyone who saw it would either know what it is or not care.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've often thought about getting a Sugarloaf logo tattoo. Never did but think about it often. Just the triangle, not the lettering. Anyone who saw it would either know what it is or not care.

maybe Nick should get the Alpinezone Mountain as a tattoo :razz:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
This thread is useless without pictures.

/someone had to say it

smack.gif