legalize it already - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Earwax and kush for the holidaze!!!!
    The wax puts a nice shine on me!

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point

Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    saliva tests are easy to pass. and yes i can do a speedball 4 days before a piss test and pass, but smoke will show up for 3 months. and to the "one is illegal and one isnt," thats the point of this thread. the difference is that the drinker can obtain his drug of choice at a store, and the smoker has to have a guy who has a guy. i think its pretty common knowledge, or at least it should be, is that the guy your buying weed from is only a person or two removed from the guy who has guns and really isnt on the up and up
    It's all about $$$ from taxation. What Gov't can get legally = passes. One set against grass needs to hunt online for the 60s' cigarette commercials and really watch them with a clear head instead of just chuckling at the absurdity.
    Multi-billions in corporate profits, and tax $$$ today stump public health down the road. With the ease that neighborhood growers can produce...the mega corporations can't compete = eliminate their competition with Gov't Anti-Drug policy.
    Last edited by bigbog; Apr 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM.
    SteveD

^ government can tax it, they do in california with medical pot.

Here's a question: How would people feel if something that used to cost them $10, now costs $25 due to tax?
    Days on snow: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Here's a question: How would people feel if something that used to cost them $10, now costs $25 due to tax?
    The cost is not so much cultivation, but illegal transport. Moonshine is cheaper, but legality and safety have minimized its market share

Well if taxes are higher then black market government will not make much, but personally i rather pay a little more from a shop rather then trouble you go through finding a good dealer, and they cook it in mass quantities for shop, which is very smells and time consuming.

It is extremely cheap to cultivate, so if it became fully legal and commercial growing operations were established, I would think that it could be taxed at an astronomical rate, and still be sold cheaper than it is on the street today.

medicinal is MUCH cheaper than street prices.

Thread Information