• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

twinplanx

Perfect timing I didn't even see that.:):rolleyes::thumbup::D:beer::cool:
Hopefully soon posting here will end when it is 100 fully legal for adults to do.

I had to refrain from posting here on Sunday.
The way the app works on my phone, it numbers the responses to the OP. Since I've been following this thread I just click "last post" I wanted to post something referring to the post count, but decided to let someone else have that honor. Cheers Scotty ;-)

ScottySkis

Edd

Whoa, that's mind-blowing! Especially in a state that houses a party place like NOLA.

You mention the south which makes me think of a Twitter recommendation for those that care. Follow Florida Man. All he does is tweet headlines from recent news articles about the escapades of some ding-dong from Florida.

An example from yesterday: "Florida Man Tries to Tuck Gun in Waistband While Smoking Pot in McDonalds Parking Lot, Shoots Himself in the Stomach."

Then he provides a link to the article. Kills me.

snoseek

Whoa, that's mind-blowing! Especially in a state that houses a party place like NOLA.

You mention the south which makes me think of a Twitter recommendation for those that care. Follow Florida Man. All he does is tweet headlines from recent news articles about the escapades of some ding-dong from Florida.

An example from yesterday: "Florida Man Tries to Tuck Gun in Waistband While Smoking Pot in McDonalds Parking Lot, Shoots Himself in the Stomach."

Then he provides a link to the article. Kills me.
I don't have a twitter account but goddamn do I now have a reason to go to twitter. Drugs, nudity and weapons seem to be a hot trend down there.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Seriously

When I was in NOLA, I couldn't walk 100 feet after ten at night on Bourbon Street without someone offering to sell me some kind of drug. It was more brazen than Amsterdam.

ScottySkis

Seriously

When I was in NOLA, I couldn't walk 100 feet after ten at night on Bourbon Street without someone offering to sell me some kind of drug. It was more brazen than Amsterdam.

I need to go to go to this city, Key west is cool like this to, the only city in Florida that I like.

skiNEwhere

Bad News, Scotty

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2013/10/marijuana.html

[h=2]Saturday, October 19, 2013[/h] [h=3]Marijuana[/h]
For good or bad, Colorado is notorious for the passing of Amendment 64 legalizing limited marijuana usage. I recently saw John Stewart and Bill O'Reilly making fun of Coloradans on The Daily Show. A very important piece of the new law clearly states that marijuana usage in public is still illegal. A-Basin is a public place and you cannot smoke marijuana here.

Already I have kicked several people out of here and taken their ski passes for smoking in public. Those passes will be gone for a very long time. We will not hesitate to call the cops on this issue.

Marijuana smokers, please use your heads on this. You cannot smoke marijuana in public while at A-Basin.http://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/582...-in-colorado---washington-affect-ski-resorts-

ScottySkis

[h=2]Saturday, October 19, 2013[/h] [h=3]Marijuana[/h]
For good or bad, Colorado is notorious for the passing of Amendment 64 legalizing limited marijuana usage. I recently saw John Stewart and Bill O'Reilly making fun of Coloradans on The Daily Show. A very important piece of the new law clearly states that marijuana usage in public is still illegal. A-Basin is a public place and you cannot smoke marijuana here.

Already I have kicked several people out of here and taken their ski passes for smoking in public. Those passes will be gone for a very long time. We will not hesitate to call the cops on this issue.

Marijuana smokers, please use your heads on this. You cannot smoke marijuana in public while at A-Basin.http://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/582...-in-colorado---washington-affect-ski-resorts-

That is why we need our politicians to fully legalized it federally, people will always use especially when enjoying winter fun just be carefully and think before you enjoy the plant in front of the wrong person or people.

Also you can buy in a food product before you get on the hill and you never need to light up on the mountain.

snoseek

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Marijuana

I smoke in the woods, away from people and wish more people would BUT...Ever see the parking lot there in the spring? It's a complete drunken shitshow, not exactly legal and definitely left unchecked by both the mountain and seemingly local law enforcement. Drunk people are generally much more visable and obnoxious, so to me that squashes the "think of the poor children" argument. It's their mountain and they can do as they wish of course but this seems quite hypocritical.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
That is why we need our politicians to fully legalized it federally, people will always use especially when enjoying winter fun just be carefully and think before you enjoy the plant in front of the wrong person or people.

Also you can buy in a food product before you get on the hill and you never need to light up on the mountain.
Screw the fedcoats. What we need is more 10-15 states to stand up to the federal tyranny over cannabis and pass decriminalization laws. Soon enough they will be out of the cannabis protection/prohibition game.

A-basin's "policy" is flawed, as one can just as easily ingest or vaporize cannabis with out ever "smoking it".