legalize it already - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1051
  1. #31
    I smoke 2 joints in the morning I smoke 2 joints at night
    I smoke 2 joints in the afternoon it makes me feel alright


  2. #32
    marcski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    personally i think it's like anything else. you abuse it and it becomes an issue. I'm not a smoker but I know folks that smoke a couple times a year and are 100% normal. I also know some folks who smoke daily and even when they aren't high they just look demented and half brain dead.
    And, I know many people that smoke pot daily and are extremely successful business owners, professionals, parents and people. What's your point here? Smoking a few hits of pot a day is not going to make one unhealthy or a burn-out if they lead an otherwise healthy lifestyle.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    So alcohol good, pot bad? If I had kids, I'd rather they be home and stoned than drinking and driving. (I'm using alcohol here because I know you drink beer per your posts about the Mount Snow bar, so just using a juxtaposition of vice here).

    There are a lot of very high level athletes that smoke up. Smoking pot equals poor athletics? Really?

    Freedom baby, freedom. Otherwise, let's go back to prohibition. We all have our vices, few of us live a 100% completely healthy lifestyle. Pretty judgmental to determine your vice is acceptable but someone else's is not. After all, drinking beer isn't exactly healthy and it is a leading cause of violence and shortened lifespan. You drink in front of your kids?
    Michael Phelps comes to mind. Damn pot smoking swimmer won 7 gold medals. I like how everyone is worried about everyone eles's kids. You'd think parents would be more upset about bringing a kid into this country and instantly shackling them (as of today) with a $48,000 debt.


    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I've written this before and it's unpopular among the stoner crowd but I'm against legalizing marijuana. My concern is over the draconian laws they're going to pass where you give an implied consent to a blood test for drugs the same way you now give an implied consent to the police giving you a breathalyzer test. I really don't want some moron cop with an attitude vampiring blood out of my arm because my eyes are bloodshot from swimming laps in the pool.
    There's no evidence of laws like that (or police using red-eyes as PC) in any of the 15 states with medical marijuana programs today. I'll send you some eye drops just in case.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I think your fears of roadside vampire testing due to bloodshot eyes on the way home from the pool are rather sensational.
    Vaporizers don't give you the red-eye.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    We spend a lot of money enforcing the laws on it. I often wonder if it's worth it. Arrest one supplier...another pops up. The drug trade is a huge source of crime as well. One only has to look at prohibition and what that did for the rise of organized crime.
    $40,000,000,00 a year with nothing to show for it. Supply and Demand are greater then ever. That's just for law-enforcement. The prison costs are even higher.

    Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    What I find interesting in this whole debate is that but for perhaps our lovely Gov. Cuomo, it's the conservative republicans, who are always expousing the evils of big government and excessive regulation, that are the ones that seem most against legalizing it and decriminalizing it.
    Ironic, isn't it? Big pharma has deep pockets when they can get the D's and the R's to agree on something.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    I smoke 2 joints before I smoke 2 joints
    and then i smoke 2 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    I smoke 2 joints in the morning I smoke 2 joints at night
    I smoke 2 joints in the afternoon it makes me feel alright
    2knees knows how to roll...

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    And, I know many people that smoke pot daily and are extremely successful business owners, professionals, parents and people. What's your point here? Smoking a few hits of pot a day is not going to make one unhealthy or a burn-out if they lead an otherwise healthy lifestyle.
    Same here..MDs, PhDs...CEOs... My lil sis had a cleaning job supplementing her income. One customer was a highly reputable hospital's head of the ED (and I worked there), he had a wicker coffee table in his LR that was loaded with seeds.

  5. #35
    marcski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    Same here..MDs, PhDs...CEOs... My lil sis had a cleaning job supplementing her income. One customer was a highly reputable hospital's head of the ED (and I worked there), he had a wicker coffee table in his LR that was loaded with seeds.
    You'd think someone like that would be able to get better bud.

  6. #36
    ScottySkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Posts
    11,172
    I didn't start with mj into I was 20 and my life i was always depressed, I have been on antidepressant and for me they do not work, Mj always works, some people might smoke to much and plenty of people who are professionals smoke but you never know because its not they wright social thing to amit... it is great for cancer victims and takes away pain and brings hunger which they need, that is one thing I don't like personally is munchies causes me to want junk food but that i take responsible thing to do would eat fruits when i get munchies i should but i don't. I been off for a while because i looking for new job, it's really saved my life because i didn't enjoy life really into i tried mj, and i think to many police agency in our country will keep it illegal because of the money they make with it like that unfortunately.

  7. #37
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,512
    Fascinating thread.

    I agree it should be totally legal.

    We live in a puritanical society that does some pretty wacked out things. Can't show nudity on
    TV, but it's OK to show bodies and heads exploding into bloody messes. Laws say folks under 21 can't touch alcohol and if parents give kids alcohol they go to jail, then we wonder why kids kill themselves with alcohol when they come of age. Duh, if you don't get educated at a young age on how to imbibe safely, you won't!
    And we have decided that pot is the gateway to a lifetime of addiction to harder drugs, yet there is no proof of that. I'd rather associate with a quiet stoner than a loud obnoxious drunk.

    The kids argument just pisses me off. I have 3 boys. I'm not so naive as to think that if I tell them that pot is bad that they will stay away from it. Quite the opposite, the taboo is attractive. So they'll go check it out themselves. Just like alcohol education, I'd rather my kids learn from me as opposed to strangers.

    I too believe that the alcohol lobby has alot to do with the continuing witch hunt perpetrated on the pot smoking community.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I didn't start with mj into I was 20 and my life i was always depressed, I have been on antidepressant and for me they do not work, Mj always works, some people might smoke to much and plenty of people who are professionals smoke but you never know because its not they wright social thing to amit... it is great for cancer victims and takes away pain and brings hunger which they need, that is one thing I don't like personally is munchies causes me to want junk food but that i take responsible thing to do would eat fruits when i get munchies i should but i don't. I been off for a while because i looking for new job, it's really saved my life because i didn't enjoy life really into i tried mj, and i think to many police agency in our country will keep it illegal because of the money they make with it like that unfortunately.
    I am one of the few middle aged wives I know that has not been on some type of anti-depressant at some point "to help over a rough hump". Reading the side effects makes me ill. Yet it's okay to admit that to the PTO crowd...yet I'd be ostracized or termed a bad influence if I admitted I lit up on occasion. Oh..there's even a yearly form for the schools for "safe houses"..where you sign it and say you have no drugs and alcohol is locked up...so if your kid is going to Jane's house you can be sure it's a "safe house". Haven't signed it in 10 years...I'm not a liar

  9. #39
    You need to know how to drink and not get sick or stupid.
    You need to know how to smoke and not choke or get caught.
    You need to know how to play pool, swim, and cheat at cards.
    You need to know how to fire a gun and approach a dog.
    You need to know how to talk to cops and priests.
    You need to know how to drive a stick and back up a truck.

    If you can do these things, you'll be just fine in life.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    personally i think it's like anything else. you abuse it and it becomes an issue. I'm not a smoker but I know folks that smoke a couple times a year and are 100% normal. I also know some folks who smoke daily and even when they aren't high they just look demented and half brain dead. YOu know, like this;



    Anyway. I thought I heard last week that this was going to be coming down in MA to. Have to see if I can find where I read that.
    I know people who look like that all the time and never touch the greens. So what?

    Funny, I've got that same jar.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.