legalize it already - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1043
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    I smoke 2 joints in the morning I smoke 2 joints at night
    I smoke 2 joints in the afternoon it makes me feel alright
    let's not skimp on these lyrics...



    I smoke two joints in the morning
    I smoke two joint at night
    I smoke two joint in the afternoon
    It makes me feel all right

    I smoke two joints in time of peace
    And two in time of war
    I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
    And then I smoke two more

    Daddy he once told me,
    "Son, you be hard workin' man"
    And momma she once told me,
    "Son, you do the best you can"
    Then one day I meet a man,
    He came to me and said,
    "Hard work good and hard work fine,
    but first take care of head"
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

    Namaste you guys!

  2. #42
    I did a drug ops tour in the Navy. Several ships, coast guard, navy seals, thousands of of officers and enlisted men deployed for 90 days with the sole purpose of intercepting drugs. I couldn't possibly put a figure on that kind of operation. The entire fleet did not find so much as a seed!

    Posting from somewhere in Iowa "souveniers" from Cali. Wish me luck!!!!!

  3. #43
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,478
    Ever have to take a drug test to get a job? Ever think it's pretty unfair that someone could go out and get stinking drunk the night before the test and pass with flying colors but the poor schmuck who took 3 tokes off a joint 3 weeks ago fails and doesn't get the job?

    I once failed a drug test and I hadn't smoked pot for months. There was no arguing with the lab or the crap company I'm now glad I don't work for. So I did some research and talked to a few folks in the know and found out that labs routinely fail urine samples that are too diluted with water on the assumption that the person is trying to hide drug use. Yeah, I drink alot of water, but not to hide MJ use, I drink alot because it's healthy.

    So I lost out on a job because I'm healthy. Probably to some obese drunk who will drop in their tracks one day.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    I did a drug ops tour in the Navy. Several ships, coast guard, navy seals, thousands of of officers and enlisted men deployed for 90 days with the sole purpose of intercepting drugs. I couldn't possibly put a figure on that kind of operation. The entire fleet did not find so much as a seed!

    Posting from somewhere in Iowa "souveniers" from Cali. Wish me luck!!!!!
    Our friends was one of those Coast Gurad guys. Did you know if you empty your big flashlight of batteries, there is a big empty compartment there? Yup...he'd fill it solid with herb each "mission". This was back in 80s...who knows if one could get away with the same thing nowadays.

  5. #45
    Then there was those guys that welded into the bulkhead of the up in the chain locker and stuffed many many pounds of weed. They got caught, that's a true story. I was clean as a whistle when I was in which also explained why I drank ridiculous amounts of alcohol. I choose to puff as its much easier on the body and mind.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Ever have to take a drug test to get a job? Ever think it's pretty unfair that someone could go out and get stinking drunk the night before the test and pass with flying colors but the poor schmuck who took 3 tokes off a joint 3 weeks ago fails and doesn't get the job?

    I once failed a drug test and I hadn't smoked pot for months. There was no arguing with the lab or the crap company I'm now glad I don't work for. So I did some research and talked to a few folks in the know and found out that labs routinely fail urine samples that are too diluted with water on the assumption that the person is trying to hide drug use. Yeah, I drink alot of water, but not to hide MJ use, I drink alot because it's healthy.

    So I lost out on a job because I'm healthy. Probably to some obese drunk who will drop in their tracks one day.
    Yeah I think its the companies loss if they want to disqualify so many people. 9 out of ten times your better off not working for a company like that.

    If you were to make the argument that its a job that requires the lives of others than I would hear that argument but to be fair I just assume in that situation there is a zero drug OR alcohol policy. I wonder how airline pilots and doctors would feel about that.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    And, I know many people that smoke pot daily and are extremely successful business owners, professionals, parents and people. What's your point here? Smoking a few hits of pot a day is not going to make one unhealthy or a burn-out if they lead an otherwise healthy lifestyle.
    Really? Daily?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

    Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

    Get AZ on your mobile phone!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Really? Daily?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Just let go of your preconceived notions. A ton of norml people smoke on a regular basis. The media and younger potheads alike have done a very good job at convincing people that pot makes you an utter retard.

    I'm not talking about someone that wakes up and rips bonghits before work. I mean using as a tool to wind down or in my case focus. It's a hell of alot less self destructive and overall less addictive than the after work coctail IMO.

  9. #49
    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Dartmouth, Ma & Killington, VT
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Yeah I think its the companies loss if they want to disqualify so many people. 9 out of ten times your better off not working for a company like that.

    If you were to make the argument that its a job that requires the lives of others than I would hear that argument but to be fair I just assume in that situation there is a zero drug OR alcohol policy. I wonder how airline pilots and doctors would feel about that.
    On the flip side, a screening that includes employment verification going back 10 years, credit check, criminal record check, and a drug test can ward off some really painful hiring mistakes. Testing positive for pot might not be an automatic disqualification but it's a piece of the puzzle to try to figure out if someone is misrepresenting themselves. Most places, it's really difficult to get rid of a hiring mistake after they get in the door.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    On the flip side, a screening that includes employment verification going back 10 years, credit check, criminal record check, and a drug test can ward off some really painful hiring mistakes. Testing positive for pot might not be an automatic disqualification but it's a piece of the puzzle to try to figure out if someone is misrepresenting themselves. Most places, it's really difficult to get rid of a hiring mistake after they get in the door.
    I can sort of see where you're coming from here. I have no direct experience with this at all as my industry is sort of tight knit and word of mouth. When it comes to drugs I'll just quietly ask people around if they're into blow or hard drugs and get a direct answer. Generally everyone knows someone that has worked with them. Kind of like the whole seven degrees of Kevin Bacon lol.

    Last year I had a guy lose his shit over the summer snorting those designer "bath salts" and salvia that are sold in certain stores. I can't beleive they sell that crap at the corner gas stations. Talk about self destructive!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:00 AM.