• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

ScottySkis

Can we normalize #marijuana over medicine? Over half of the people in a survey said they're already doing it. Get the details from #NORMLNews: https://bit.ly/36UMiaH

A team of Dutch researchers surveyed over 2,800 medical #cannabis consumers. Over half of respondents (56 percent) reported using cannabis “for the purpose of replacing a prescribed drug.”

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have 3 herniated disc’s in my lower back after scaffolding (built by non English speaking laborers) gave way at a construction site and I dropped over 2 stories loaded with tool belt and nail gun, I use an inversion table and some natural substance as you enjoy 😉 for pain relief, I was given serious pain medication that an awesome Dr told me just masks the pain, I remember Brett Farve got hooked on the same medication and I was glad I stayed away from it. snow is now a great equilizer for me to enjoy moving along, stay strong Scotty

Why did you feel the need to qualify that the people who built the scaffolding didn't speak English?

Sorry about the accident and back

skiur

So what language did they speak? What about that language made them inferior workers?

deadheadskier

Staff member
There are 1.35B people who speak English in this world. There are roughly 6.55B who don't. Safe to say that many folks who don't speak English can build scaffolding just fine.

deadheadskier

Staff member
What we have here is failure to communicate, perhaps you don’t have a job where you manage people and mistakes can lead to their injuries?, go troll someone else.

Not trolling. Just think you are obnoxious to point out that those who built the scaffolding didn't speak English. What language they speak has next to nothing to do with why it failed. The failure is on the the person who trained them. The language doesn't matter.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Lol I don't care if you're the Grandson of Raymond DeWalt and gods greatest gift to the construction trade.

The "non English speaking" qualifier was totally unnecessary.

I've managed plenty of people in my lifetime and some who were ESL. I never placed the blame on their work quality on their language skills. It was up to me and other managers to train them properly before assigning the work. Your teams leadership failed there. They could have been multi generation English speaking people and still screwed up.

I currently work in Medical technology sales and serve as a Project Manager for installations. Many end users are ESL. It is up to my team and hospital leadership to make sure these hospital workers are well trained no matter their language. If not, patients can be injured or die.

You maybe meant no malice in your comment, but it certainly came across as tone deaf at minimum.

ScottySkis

I wish just was sold in convience stores it would make everyone life easier

ScottySkis

Australian researchers reviewed the results from 28 eligible studies (involving 824 participants) that assessed the relationship between THC-related biomarkers and individuals’ performance.

They reported that no consistent relationship exists between THC or THC-metabolite concentrations and impaired performance, and that such relationships are nearly impossible to infer in more habitual cannabis consumers. Further, they identified blood THC concentrations as "the poorest correlates of impairment, demonstrating a ‘very weak’ relationship after both ingestion and inhalation of THC."

ScottySkis

Germany makes best plant legal before us unfortunately no surprise:
"BERLIN — Germany’s next governing coalition have agreed to legalize the sale of cannabis for recreational purposes, to “introduce the regulated sale of cannabis to adults for consumption purposes in licensed stores,”
German coalition agrees to legalize."

ScottySkis

Happy Thanksgiving AZ funny thing because of my side effects from HD and with asthma I barley use this miracle plant except when with few awesome friend few times a year I still fill 100 about mj as day I started this great thread.
We are thankful that we are continuing to win the hearts and minds of the American people including majorities of Democrats, Independents, and Republicans – as well as voters of virtually all ages.

We are also thankful for the support we receive from people like you! Please make a donation to help us continue our efforts. We can't do it without you!

Donate: https://bit.ly/3xfrWFy

#HappyDanksgiving

ScottySkis

“U.S. senators representing Colorado are adding their voices to calls for marijuana banking reform to be included in must-pass defense legislation.

In a letter sent to Senate committee leadership on Wednesday, Sens. John Hickenlooper (D-CO) and Michael Bennet (D-CO) noted that the House passed its version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) with the banking amendment, and argued that language should be adopted by negotiators in conference for the final legislation sent to President Joe Biden’s desk.”

ScottySkis

In a study that showed no significant adverse effects of #marijuana use on male reproductive health or sexual function, authors also reported that subjects with a history of #cannabis use “had a higher mean Sexual Health Inventory for Men (SHIM) score and mean total testosterone than non-users.”

Read More on #NORMLNews: https://bit.ly/3rh6EEn

ScottySkis

Subjects who exclusively smoke #cannabis possess a reduced level of exposure to harmful toxicants and carcinogens than do those who smoke tobacco cigarettes, according to clinical data published in the journal Nicotine & Tobacco Research.

Read more from #NORML: https://bit.ly/3dHrEyn

ScottySkis

Miracle plant it Absolutely is watch CNN had special last night on cannabis make huge improvement on kids with autism.
Can we normalize #marijuana over medicine? Over half of the people in a survey said they're already doing it. Get the details from #NORMLNews: https://bit.ly/36UMiaH

A team of Dutch researchers surveyed over 2,800 medical #cannabis consumers. Over half of respondents (56 percent) reported using cannabis “for the purpose of replacing a prescribed drug.”

ScottySkis

🏃 🏃 high how it actually works:"From the article:
"We found that acute exercise consistently boosted endocannabinoid levels across studies. The effects were most consistent for a chemical messenger known as anandamide – the so-called “bliss” molecule, which was named, in part, for its positive effects on mood.

Interestingly, we observed this exercise-related boost in endocannabinoids across different types of exercise, including running, swimming and weightlifting, and across individuals with and without preexisting health conditions.
[....]
There are still a lot of questions about the links between endocannabinoids and beneficial effects from exercise. For example, we didn’t see consistent effects for how a chronic exercise regimen, such as a six-week cycling program, might affect resting endocannabinoid levels. Likewise, it isn’t yet clear what the minimum amount of exercise is to get a boost in endocannabinoids, and how .