• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

snoseek

Here's a question: How would people feel if something that used to cost them $10, now costs $25 due to tax?

I've personally walked into dispenseries and legally bought pot at much much cheaper prices than New England, plus the quality is better and I can match the exact strain for my needs. The middlemen (criminals) are where the cost comes up. Add the fact that all of this is already being taxed and you have a no-brainer.

There's three people involved here. The grower, the seller, and the buyer. Shitty brick weed in Boston passes hands through many more people. Give the money to the tax fund I say, not cartels and criminals. We're gonna smoke it anyway...

An oz of good quality in Colorado runs about 150 for me, California even less. Try doing that in New Hampshire. Unless you are in fact a criminal its not gonna happen

deadheadskier

Staff member
An oz of good quality in Colorado runs about 150 for me, California even less. Try doing that in New Hampshire. Unless you are in fact a criminal its not gonna happen

Criminal or not, that's not going to happen. Not even close.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Any more then $400/oz people I think it would be more cost effective to grown your own. Even on a small scale, you could set up a 3-4 indoor plant grow in an apartment for around that much.

ScottySkis

Any more then $400/oz people I think it would be more cost effective to grown your own. Even on a small scale, you could set up a 3-4 indoor plant grow in an apartment for around that much.

I would love to grow it, but if caught that major jail time, so i stick to buying it from dealers

Bumpsis

Me too. If it were legal I'd plant a garden every April.

I used to grow a few plats for my own use long time ago. Never knew I could get so passionate about gardening :)

If it got legalized, I'd just buy it. It actually takes a lot of work to cultivate a good quality plant. And you have to cure it properly after the harvest so it's not harsh.
I really hope that sometime in the next few years the suff will be legal not just for medicinal use but for general, recreational use. Strictly regulated and taxed, but legal.
Sure there would be downsides but the overall advantages do outweigh the negatives. For me, no more getting lost in Amsterdam :)

ScottySkis

I used to grow a few plats for my own use long time ago. Never knew I could get so passionate about gardening :)

If it got legalized, I'd just buy it. It actually takes a lot of work to cultivate a good quality plant. And you have to cure it properly after the harvest so it's not harsh.
I really hope that sometime in the next few years the suff will be legal not just for medicinal use but for general, recreational use. Strictly regulated and taxed, but legal.
Sure there would be downsides but the overall advantages do outweigh the negatives. For me, no more getting lost in Amsterdam :)

Well unfortunately for us smokers the non smokers thing that MJ leads to harder drugs which it doesn't, but that is also why it hasn't been made legal came close in 1970s into Regan came in to office, i think if every one i know lots of people who smoke but don't want to write congressman our fellings on it. If they did maybe we get legalized already.

ripzillia

powdermad.gif

jaja111

Eight states currently have bills or initiatives for the legalization of marijuana within the bounds of controlling the same way alcohol is. In Washington, specifically, some of the biggest opponents to such a measure are medical marijuana users due to the vague blood concentration levels mentioned within terms of enforcing DUI's. Its an interesting debate. It shows that the procession to discussion regarding driving under the influence of weed is the next step and many believe legalization of personal possession and consumption is more or less an inevitability within state laws. Will uncle sam agree? Its the next great debate in state's rights under federal laws.

http://blog.norml.org/2012/02/09/8-states-may-legalize-marijuana-this-year-did-yours-make-the-list/

ScottySkis

Eight states currently have bills or initiatives for the legalization of marijuana within the bounds of controlling the same way alcohol is. In Washington, specifically, some of the biggest opponents to such a measure are medical marijuana users due to the vague blood concentration levels mentioned within terms of enforcing DUI's. Its an interesting debate. It shows that the procession to discussion regarding driving under the influence of weed is the next step and many believe legalization of personal possession and consumption is more or less an inevitability within state laws. Will uncle sam agree? Its the next great debate in state's rights under federal laws.

http://blog.norml.org/2012/02/09/8-states-may-legalize-marijuana-this-year-did-yours-make-the-list/

I hope so, here is more people saying that MJ is better then drinking, I agree, but at the same time teachers and cops and people who have never done MJ think believe all the myths I know my love ones are in these fields and listen to what positive things I say about MJ but still do not get it, oh here is the link http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/17/health/colorado-marijuana-initiative/index.html?npt=NP1 :p