legalize it already - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    the guy who has guns and really isnt on the up and up
    and legalization eliminates that guy..........

it did when prohibition ended and alcohol became federally regulated. same thing would happen with MJ......

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

it did when prohibition ended and alcohol became federally regulated. same thing would happen with MJ......
    yeah, that was my point, i guess i didnt make it clear.

Last edited by steamboat1; May 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Just let go of your preconceived notions. A ton of norml people smoke on a regular basis. The media and younger potheads alike have done a very good job at convincing people that pot makes you an utter retard.

I'm not talking about someone that wakes up and rips bonghits before work. I mean using as a tool to wind down or in my case focus. It's a hell of alot less self destructive and overall less addictive than the after work coctail IMO.
    I've never considered it bad but I can't imagine how I could do it before work or somehing.I have a beer at lunch occasionally And its for sure more difficult to get back into it.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

But alcohol didn't become federally regulated. The constitution doesn't give the Feds the power to regulate alcohol (or cannabis). The power to regulate alcohol is reserved to the states.

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    I can sort of see where you're coming from here. I have no direct experience with this at all as my industry is sort of tight knit and word of mouth. When it comes to drugs I'll just quietly ask people around if they're into blow or hard drugs and get a direct answer. Generally everyone knows someone that has worked with them. Kind of like the whole seven degrees of Kevin Bacon lol.

Last year I had a guy lose his shit over the summer snorting those designer "bath salts" and salvia that are sold in certain stores. I can't beleive they sell that crap at the corner gas istations. Talk about self destructive!!!!!
    Saliva is horrible, worst trip ever legal or not i tried it once and devil was in my brain, I never trip on on anything because of my memory it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    O

Saliva is horrible, worst trip ever legal or not i tried it once and devil was in my brain, I never trip on on anything because of my memory it.
    Saliva, K2 spice, and others are only "popular" because cannabis is contraband. There will be more and more of these "legal highs" products coming to market. I've never tried them, but everything I've read says waste of money.

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    P
    saliva tests are easy to pass. and yes i can do a speedball 4 days before a piss test and pass, but smoke will show up for 3 months. and to the "one is illegal and one isnt," thats the point of this thread. the difference is that the drinker can obtain his drug of choice at a store, and the smoker has to have a guy who has a guy. i think its pretty common knowledge, or at least it should be, is that the guy your buying weed from is only a person or two removed from the guy who has guns and really isnt on the up and up
    So make mj legal and no worries on how far guns are away from our 420 guy, and my stuff comes from home growers when i smoking, not mexican gun people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've never considered it bad but I can't imagine how I could do it before work or somehing.I have a beer at lunch occasionally And its for sure more difficult to get back into it.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Nick, just because you can't see yourself doing it before work, doesn't mean that others can't.

I have a service delivery schematic I need to start drawing today. I'm no artist, but you can bet that before I sit down to start drawing, I'm hitting the vape.

and to the "one is illegal and one isnt," thats the point of this thread. the difference is that the drinker can obtain his drug of choice at a store, and the smoker has to have a guy who has a guy.
    the quoted post was in reference to why a bank would drug test for 1 vs the other, not whether legality was right or wrong.

like or not, $$ institutions take steps to minimize THEIR RISK. if MJ is illegal and they want to test for it, fine. if they don't' want you to post on Facebook that you were in cabo over the weekend getting smashed/trashed/stoned and and then being hung over when you get work work on Monday to handle their client's money then they can have conduct rules as part of the terms of employment.

the "law" allows you to have freedom of speech. doesn't mean you can't be fired from your job for saying the wrong thing.

i suspect in 10 years this thread will be one of those "back when i was young you wouldn't believe the stupid laws we had" conversations.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Thread Information