legalize it already - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    the quoted post was in reference to why a bank would drug test for 1 vs the other, not whether legality was right or wrong.

like or not, $$ institutions take steps to minimize THEIR RISK. if MJ is illegal and they want to test for it, fine. if they don't' want you to post on Facebook that you were in cabo over the weekend getting smashed/trashed/stoned and and then being hung over when you get work work on Monday to handle their client's money then they can have conduct rules as part of the terms of employment.

the "law" allows you to have freedom of speech. doesn't mean you can't be fired from your job for saying the wrong thing.

i suspect in 10 years this thread will be one of those "back when i was young you wouldn't believe the stupid laws we had" conversations.
    I hope your wright about 10 years from now it be legal, because i be able to smoke out in public at family gatherings, and I personally put anything on FB that is not for police or family and friends to read, i assume i always being watched my big brother online.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've never considered it bad but I can't imagine how I could do it before work or somehing.I have a beer at lunch occasionally And its for sure more difficult to get back into it.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I agree with you...I couldn't do what I do (face to face sales) and smoke before I go to work. Couldn't do it at lunch either. But after work, it's my substitute for drinking a cocktail or a beer. And I don't do it every night after work either. Sometimes I'm just too tired or busy with the kids.

I get way more sloppy after drinking than I do after smoking a hit or two.

the quoted post was in reference to why a bank would drug test for 1 vs the other, not whether legality was right or wrong.

like or not, $$ institutions take steps to minimize THEIR RISK. if MJ is illegal and they want to test for it, fine. if they don't' want you to post on Facebook that you were in cabo over the weekend getting smashed/trashed/stoned and and then being hung over when you get work work on Monday to handle their client's money then they can have conduct rules as part of the terms of employment.

the "law" allows you to have freedom of speech. doesn't mean you can't be fired from your job for saying the wrong thing.

i suspect in 10 years this thread will be one of those "back when i was young you wouldn't believe the stupid laws we had" conversations.
    I understand your point, but don't they encounter an equal risk for hiring a drunk? They don't test for that. Is it any better that alcohol is legal but the person posts on facebook that they got so trashed drinking that they didn't even notice the bloody torn shirt on the front bumper of their car until they got home?

I agree with you that freedom of speech does not mean you can't get fired for saying the wrong thing. That's why I stay away from social sites like facebook. Probably shouldn't be so open here either, but for some reason I trust people on this site.
    Last edited by JimG.; Apr 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Don't forget it makes making love(political correct ) even better which if u know u know for sure! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Don't forget it makes making love(political correct ) even better which if u know u know for sure! !!
    Only cannabis makes sex feel better. How can anything that makes sex better be a bad thing?

Since this thread is still going, 4/20 is on a Friday this year. So that means we get to celebrate like its a holiday weekend. Anyone have fun 4/20 plans?

i'm told the local grocery store ( a regional chain) has a drug testing program. i find that surprising based on the number of high school kids working there.
    Gas station I worked at right out of high school had a urine drug test to get hired. Same with my municipal jobs I've had. I've had to do more tests than not for employment. Not that odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    For those in favor, would you want to do it infront of say your 5yr old kid? (And then try and explain to them that smoking ANYTHING isn't healthy??

If the answer is "no" then why bother in the 1st place??
    My parents have smoked cigarettes in front of me my entire life. As a child, they had their friends over often to drink beer and have a good time. Does that mean I should be an alcoholic now with a raging nicotine addiction? Never smoked a cigarette in my life. And I can take or leave alcohol; in fact, there were 5 years I didn't drink it at all.

My father took me aside when I was in middle school and talked honestly with me about moderation. He realized that making anything forbidden would make the fruit all that much sweeter. Told me I could call him any time I needed a ride, no questions asked. And was very open and honest about his own history with mj and alcohol.

We all have our so-called unhealthy habits that are carried out in broad daylight. Not for me to judge whose is more correct than the other's. As long as you're not directly harming anyone else, so be it.

Fighting the fight we are now is a stupid waste of resources. Like others have said, there are far worse consequences possible with the legal stuff. Stop wasting that money and let it be.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Gas station I worked at right out of high school had a urine drug test to get hired. Same with my municipal jobs I've had. I've had to do more tests than not for employment. Not that odd to me.

My parents have smoked cigarettes in front of me my entire life. As a child, they had their friends over often to drink beer and have a good time. Does that mean I should be an alcoholic now with a raging nicotine addiction? Never smoked a cigarette in my life. And I can take or leave alcohol; in fact, there were 5 years I didn't drink it at all.

My father took me aside when I was in middle school and talked honestly with me about moderation. He realized that making anything forbidden would make the fruit all that much sweeter. Told me I could call him any time I needed a ride, no questions asked. And was very open and honest about his own history with mj and alcohol.

We all have our so-called unhealthy habits that are carried out in broad daylight. Not for me to judge whose is more correct than the other's. As long as you're not directly harming anyone else, so be it.

Fighting the fight we are now is a stupid waste of resources. Like others have said, there are far worse consequences possible with the legal stuff. Stop wasting that money and let it be.
    Here, here. But, you do seem to like those tasty beers like the rest of us! .

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Same with my municipal jobs I've had. I've had to do more tests than not for employment. Not that odd to me.
    too bad welfare peeps don't have to pass the same test to receive their "income" from government, but that's a whole different thread
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    Here, here. But, you do seem to like those tasty beers like the rest of us! .
    I like good beer. But I can go weeks, months without drinking a single one. For that matter, same with coffee.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    ....What about horror movies? Wouldnt want my 5 year old to see them, so lets ban that too.
    ...and yet Washington will let the entertainment industry put out the most "shoot-em'-up, blow-em'-away" crap immaginable. Just during the duration of an NBA game...there'll be a dozen promos...split-second shots with the absolute worst, stolen...one-liners for those pieces of excrement that are called either movies or XBox(version#).... I don't know what's more scary, the kids who'll either go or purchase....or the so-called adults waiting for stores to open....
    The big banks prepping our childeren for lifelong conflict = prime recruits for the DOD.
    SteveD

Thread Information