legalize it already

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point

MJ truth about it mircale plant for alll

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin..._marijua_1.php I think it should just be legal for 420 medical and all to enjoy for what ever reasons. purpose in NY but our govenor might want to run for president so, i guess i move to Colorado for that and skiing.

Last edited by ScottySkis; Mar 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM.

Reason #4529 to move. I just wasn't surprised he took that stance. Aside from presidential aspirations I believe law enforcement groups and the religious conservatives played a role. Don't forget, most everything north of Westchester and Rockland counties is pretty red.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    Reason #4529 to move. I just wasn't surprised he took that stance. Aside from presidential aspirations I believe law enforcement groups and the religious conservatives played a role. Don't forget, most everything north of Westchester and Rockland counties is pretty red.
    HUGE anti-drug budgets = big salaries....
    SteveD

Governor Lynch is going to veto a medicinal bill in NH as well. I'd imagine his wife being a pediatrician has something to do with it.

I think these folks all need to have a close family member come down with cancer or aids.

For those in favor, would you want to do it infront of say your 5yr old kid? (And then try and explain to them that smoking ANYTHING isn't healthy??

If the answer is "no" then why bother in the 1st place??

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    For those in favor, would you want to do it infront of say your 5yr old kid? (And then try and explain to them that smoking ANYTHING isn't healthy??

From a medicinal use standpoint; I'd have a much harder time explaining to my 5 year old why some people who are ill and use it for relief are thrown in jail for obtaining marijuana illegally and why the government prohibits a naturally growing substance that can help many people.

From a recreational use standpoint; I think there would be many more life tragedies from alcohol usage that I'd have to explain to a 5 year old than I would about marijuana use. How often do you hear of someone assaulting, murdering or dying in an accident while under the influence of marijuana? Not very often, yet with alcohol, those stories are in every newspaper in the country pretty much daily.

From a health standpoint; you don't have to smoke marijuana. There are perfectly healthy ways of ingesting it.

From an economic standpoint, marijuana law enforcement costs BILLIONS with zero affect on usage levels. Taxing and regulating marijuana would create BILLIONS in tax revenue.

Absolutely. If someone wants to smoke pot in front of their kids, cool. Big difference between occasionally enjoy marijuana and cigs, in my opinion having smoked neither but having tolerance for friends getting high but not much tolerance for anyone smoking cigs near me. Alcohol has done far worse things to people but no one has a problem with that. We could all just raise kids in a vacuum. Or we can teach them to be responsible. Most people who "think of the children" are just setting their children up to act out...
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Absolutely. If someone wants to smoke pot in front of their kids, cool. Big difference between occasionally enjoy marijuana and cigs, in my opinion having smoked neither but having tolerance for friends getting high but not much tolerance for anyone smoking cigs near me. Alcohol has done far worse things to people but no one has a problem with that. We could all just raise kids in a vacuum. Or we can teach them to be responsible. Most people who "think of the children" are just setting their children up to act out...
    There's raising kids in a vacuum, and then there's raising kids in reality, and there's a HUGE difference.

Vacuum tends to not just try and insulate kids from everything (bad iea IMHO) but it also insulates kids frm the concept that there can (and often are) real consequences for one's actions - Smoking pot in this case, there's the consequences of not what justcan happen on a legal standoint, but also from a lung function standpoint and how that can have effects on a kids athletic ability let alone what it can do to one's oral health (and that is an issue reguardless of what is producing the smoke) and then if you're talking with an adolescent, the phrase that I often use when dicussing the effects of smoking with my own adolescent patients is "would you like to kiss an ash tray, since that's what you breath can smell like"

In general, as someone who has to discuss many disease processes with people that are a direct function of THEIR own actions, when their answers start with something like "well it's just......" or "I only do that once in a while" an answer that starts with a modifying excuse, tends to just be an excuse so that the person making the excuse doesn't have to deal wit the fact that they're doing something they know they shouldn't be doing
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Items for Sale

Maybe we should keep the use of sedatives, possibly observed by children, confined to big-pharma pills and alcohol...? Is smoking a whole joint any different than guzzling down beer after beer in the middle of your tv room on the weekend till one becomes blind drunk?
    Moderation in certain areas = what kids are not being taught. There are activities for kids...and there are activities for adults...no? Study hard, work diligently but have some choice of personal freedoms at home once you've grown up...but live in fear of a police state once home...y/n? In public = should be a crime...just as alcohol consumption...agreed.
    Last edited by bigbog; Apr 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM.
    SteveD

Thread Information