legalize it already - Page 101

AlpineZone

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,009 of 1009
    Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    .05 is consistent with most of Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    And most of Europe is accessed by bicycle, rail or walking. Can't do that around here.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

I'd rather see increased penalties for DUI before a .05 BAC law.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Items for Sale

....without the public transit.

Live, Ski, or Die!

The valley has decent transit I suppose but Utah is a big state. Forget about anything past one pint or one glass of red with dinner. This is a kick in the balls to the food and beverage industry.

DHS makes a great point, if you are an idiot and get behind the wheel smashed, how about some real deterrence. In Maine and New Hampshire, I've been watching the news for this over the past .... 20 plus years, the going rate for killing someone while driving drunk is about 2 years in jail. And someone died! Paul Violette, former commissioner for the Maine Turnpike Authority was convicted of inappropriate use of gift cards and was sentenced to 3 1/2 years and restitution (IIRC), and no one died. Kill someone, but you were driving drunk, only 2 years. Does anyone else see the inequity in this? and the lack of deterrence?
    lovin life,

Bob

Rhode Island has some pretty good billboards out right now "if you drive drunk or high and crash, don't tell me it's an accident " not sure how well they are informing but it's pointed.

15-16 Killington 11-17-16

legalize it already

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    DHS makes a great point, if you are an idiot and get behind the wheel smashed, how about some real deterrence. In Maine and New Hampshire, I've been watching the news for this over the past .... 20 plus years, the going rate for killing someone while driving drunk is about 2 years in jail. And someone died! Paul Violette, former commissioner for the Maine Turnpike Authority was convicted of inappropriate use of gift cards and was sentenced to 3 1/2 years and restitution (IIRC), and no one died. Kill someone, but you were driving drunk, only 2 years. Does anyone else see the inequity in this? and the lack of deterrence?
    It's because killing some drunk is a DWI or DUI + a true accident so much of the punishment for negligence driving is put on people who caused no harm due to look.

prsboogie, in this day and age, if a drinker haven't arranged your ride home by the time they hit the bar, that's on the drinker. I kinda agree with that message. If you do everything it takes to cause the accident (like getting hammered and driving), that is no accident. Sure you didn't mean to do it, but you did everything to cause it.

Benski, I simply can't understand what you are saying, sorry.

lovin life,

Bob

So the US should be like Europe?

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information