• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

Funky_Catskills

Denver was cool...
We were at a three day Phish show... Hit a dispensary right near hotel..
Prices were really high.. Picked up legal nugs, candy and wax..

Candy wasn't that strong..

After you buy the stuff they sell you a plastic envelope with a child proof lock on it as per the law...

there were actually tour groups on weed tours there too...

ScottySkis

Funky Catskills i glad you enjoyed your shows and legal mj . it wss nice walking into local deli this mornng they had on fox news on radio and were talking about Mj postive way. Times are changing.

skiNEwhere

Funky Catskills i glad you enjoyed your shows and legal mj . it wss nice walking into local deli this mornng they had on fox news on radio and were talking about Mj postive way. Times are changing.

I thought you were anti-legalization??

Cornhead

I thought you were anti-legalization??

Bwahhh, thanks, now I've got to clean the coffee off my screen. I used a dispensary a couple times in Boulder, kinda weird being able to walk into a store to buy weed. The one surprise was how dry the buds were, they look like they'd be sticky. The quality was good, I bought a few edibles, candy bar, and gummy bears. I can see how CO is having a few problems with edibles, it's hard to judge the dosage while using them. It's about time to legalize it, the fact alcohol is legal and pot isn't is mind boggling.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Funky_Catskills

So the public stuff is crap... the corner of the store was the medical stuff and it looked really good..... Like really really good...

ScottySkis

Bwahhh, thanks, now I've got to clean the coffee off my screen. I used a dispensary a couple times in Boulder, kinda weird being able to walk into a store to buy weed. The one surprise was how dry the buds were, they look like they'd be sticky. The quality was good, I bought a few edibles, candy bar, and gummy bears. I can see how CO is having a few problems with edibles, it's hard to judge the dosage while using them. It's about time to legalize it, the fact alcohol is legal and pot isn't is mind boggling.

Coffee with mj I hope lol . Ya that like saying i dont enjoy skiing in Roxbury ny.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
+840

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
So... it turns out Kevin Ward Jr, that kid who ran in front of Tony Stewart's car at a NY racetrack last month, was under the influence of marijuana enough so that it would impair.

Now a star athlete has to live with the guilt of killing another person doing what he loves, all because some kid wanted to get "high on the funny stuff" (who is also dead).

ScottySkis

Lets all vote to make if fully legal in this up coming elections I say!

1897711_990771470949197_6255794255693432738_n.jpg

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Was hanging out with a buddy who is part owner of dispensary in Telluride all weekend...
http://alpinewellness.co/

Lot's of interesting conversation..[/QUOte
What was said.

I enjoy this plant it makes no sense why family members thing it such bad thing if they do not know . Been great day hanging with MJ all day those are the best days .More MJ later because it makes me happy and relaxed and that is bad why no war . Beer brougt money and pp with anger who will fight and join miltary. Pot makes ppl thing with mind minor expansoion oh and makes concerts and everything better. it be legal soon government is greatty and wants taxes. I am not gretty because this is the truth. It also causes muncies and ?

4aprice

Wow, Surprised Scotty's not jumping all over this. Add Oregon, Alaska and DC to the list. Just a note of interest, with the exception of DC everywhere its legal now are pretty big skiing states. Any connection?:lol:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

snoseek

More steps forward! I bet two years from now you can add California to that list providing they can write it so it actually makes sense...likely some other states as well...Vermont, Maine?

Did some shopping in Denver at the dispensaries. Wicked expensive but good quality and money goes directly to education. Nice to be able to pick from several different strains. I got just a little as Its harvest over here on the Western slope.

Good for DC, first place back east!

ScottySkis

Are you inferring that skiers smoke marijuana? I don't believe it!! :snow:

What is this stuff I guess I have to try it one day. I think all the social media and internet is helping ppl learn the truth over the lies the US has been saying for over 5o years now.

http://norml.org/news/2014/11/06/marijuana-is-winning-help-us-keep-up-the-momentum

Thursday, 06 November 2014 NORML has been fighting to legalize marijuana for more than forty years, and as we saw from this week's midterm election results, our hard work is starting to pay off. Though we are a divided nation in many ways, voters across the political spectrum were largely united on Election Day in their near overwhelming support for marijuana law reform. NORML's ability to educate and unite people behind this cause has largely been made possible by donations and contributions from people like you. Thanks to NORML's outreach efforts, Americans are now aware that it makes no sense from any objective measure to perpetuate the prosecution and stigmatization of those adults who choose to responsibly consume a substance that is safer than either alcohol or tobacco. But we still need your support to keep up the momentum, and to continue bringing our winning message of legalization to the American people.
Two More States - and Washington DC - Legalize Marijuana:
The two most significant victories of the night no doubt occurred in Oregon and Alaska - where both states passed measures legalizing and regulating the cannabis plant's retail production and sale, as well as permitting adults to grow the plant for their own personal use. In Oregon, 56 percent of voters approved the measure - the highest percentage ever to endorse a statewide campaign to regulate adult marijuana sales. Alaska and Oregon are the third and fourth states to enact regulations regarding the retail production and sale of cannabis goods, joining Colorado and Washington.
Voters in the nation's capitol provided arguably the most resounding victory on Election Day. An overwhelming 69 percent of District voters - yes, I said 69 percent - said 'yes' to Initiative 71, which removes criminal and civil penalties regarding the adult possession of up to two ounces of cannabis and/or the cultivation of up to three mature plants. Indeed , marijuana law reform has come to Washington, DC and there is no way for our federal officials to ignore it.
NORML Needs You Now More Than Ever!
There remains much work to be done - and this is why we still need your continued financial support. NORML's outreach and media efforts in the coming months will be more important than ever, as we fight to maintain our historic gains and push forward for new ones. We can't expect our prohibitionist opponents to take these victories lying down, and we still need the resources to move legalization across the country. Please donate $50 or whatever you can afford today and help ensure our victories become the foundation for progressive marijuana policy nationwide.