• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Just let go of your preconceived notions. A ton of norml:wink: people smoke on a regular basis. The media and younger potheads alike have done a very good job at convincing people that pot makes you an utter retard.

I'm not talking about someone that wakes up and rips bonghits before work. I mean using as a tool to wind down or in my case focus. It's a hell of alot less self destructive and overall less addictive than the after work coctail IMO.

I've never considered it bad but I can't imagine how I could do it before work or somehing.I have a beer at lunch occasionally And its for sure more difficult to get back into it.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
and legalization eliminates that guy..........

it did when prohibition ended and alcohol became federally regulated. same thing would happen with MJ......

But alcohol didn't become federally regulated. The constitution doesn't give the Feds the power to regulate alcohol (or cannabis). The power to regulate alcohol is reserved to the states.

ScottySkis

O
I can sort of see where you're coming from here. I have no direct experience with this at all as my industry is sort of tight knit and word of mouth. When it comes to drugs I'll just quietly ask people around if they're into blow or hard drugs and get a direct answer. Generally everyone knows someone that has worked with them. Kind of like the whole seven degrees of Kevin Bacon lol.

Last year I had a guy lose his shit over the summer snorting those designer "bath salts" and salvia that are sold in certain stores. I can't beleive they sell that crap at the corner gas istations. Talk about self destructive!!!!!

Saliva is horrible, worst trip ever legal or not i tried it once and devil was in my brain, I never trip on on anything because of my memory it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
O

Saliva is horrible, worst trip ever legal or not i tried it once and devil was in my brain, I never trip on on anything because of my memory it.

Saliva, K2 spice, and others are only "popular" because cannabis is contraband. There will be more and more of these "legal highs" products coming to market. I've never tried them, but everything I've read says waste of money.

ScottySkis

P
saliva tests are easy to pass. and yes i can do a speedball 4 days before a piss test and pass, but smoke will show up for 3 months. and to the "one is illegal and one isnt," thats the point of this thread. the difference is that the drinker can obtain his drug of choice at a store, and the smoker has to have a guy who has a guy. i think its pretty common knowledge, or at least it should be, is that the guy your buying weed from is only a person or two removed from the guy who has guns and really isnt on the up and up
So make mj legal and no worries on how far guns are away from our 420 guy, and my stuff comes from home growers when i smoking, not mexican gun people.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I've never considered it bad but I can't imagine how I could do it before work or somehing.I have a beer at lunch occasionally And its for sure more difficult to get back into it.

Nick, just because you can't see yourself doing it before work, doesn't mean that others can't.

I have a service delivery schematic I need to start drawing today. I'm no artist, but you can bet that before I sit down to start drawing, I'm hitting the vape.

gmcunni

and to the "one is illegal and one isnt," thats the point of this thread. the difference is that the drinker can obtain his drug of choice at a store, and the smoker has to have a guy who has a guy.

the quoted post was in reference to why a bank would drug test for 1 vs the other, not whether legality was right or wrong.

like or not, $$ institutions take steps to minimize THEIR RISK. if MJ is illegal and they want to test for it, fine. if they don't' want you to post on Facebook that you were in cabo over the weekend getting smashed/trashed/stoned and and then being hung over when you get work work on Monday to handle their client's money then they can have conduct rules as part of the terms of employment.

the "law" allows you to have freedom of speech. doesn't mean you can't be fired from your job for saying the wrong thing.

i suspect in 10 years this thread will be one of those "back when i was young you wouldn't believe the stupid laws we had" conversations.

ScottySkis

the quoted post was in reference to why a bank would drug test for 1 vs the other, not whether legality was right or wrong.

like or not, $$ institutions take steps to minimize THEIR RISK. if MJ is illegal and they want to test for it, fine. if they don't' want you to post on Facebook that you were in cabo over the weekend getting smashed/trashed/stoned and and then being hung over when you get work work on Monday to handle their client's money then they can have conduct rules as part of the terms of employment.

the "law" allows you to have freedom of speech. doesn't mean you can't be fired from your job for saying the wrong thing.

i suspect in 10 years this thread will be one of those "back when i was young you wouldn't believe the stupid laws we had" conversations.

I hope your wright about 10 years from now it be legal, because i be able to smoke out in public at family gatherings, and I personally put anything on FB that is not for police or family and friends to read, i assume i always being watched my big brother online.

JimG.

Staff member

I agree with you...I couldn't do what I do (face to face sales) and smoke before I go to work. Couldn't do it at lunch either. But after work, it's my substitute for drinking a cocktail or a beer. And I don't do it every night after work either. Sometimes I'm just too tired or busy with the kids.

I get way more sloppy after drinking than I do after smoking a hit or two.

JimG.

Staff member

I understand your point, but don't they encounter an equal risk for hiring a drunk? They don't test for that. Is it any better that alcohol is legal but the person posts on facebook that they got so trashed drinking that they didn't even notice the bloody torn shirt on the front bumper of their car until they got home?

I agree with you that freedom of speech does not mean you can't get fired for saying the wrong thing. That's why I stay away from social sites like facebook. Probably shouldn't be so open here either, but for some reason I trust people on this site.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Don't forget it makes making love(political correct ) even better which if u know u know for sure! !!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Don't forget it makes making love(political correct ) even better which if u know u know for sure! !!

Only cannabis makes sex feel better. How can anything that makes sex better be a bad thing?

Since this thread is still going, 4/20 is on a Friday this year. So that means we get to celebrate like its a holiday weekend. Anyone have fun 4/20 plans?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
i'm told the local grocery store ( a regional chain) has a drug testing program. i find that surprising based on the number of high school kids working there.
Gas station I worked at right out of high school had a urine drug test to get hired. Same with my municipal jobs I've had. I've had to do more tests than not for employment. Not that odd to me.

For those in favor, would you want to do it infront of say your 5yr old kid? (And then try and explain to them that smoking ANYTHING isn't healthy??

If the answer is "no" then why bother in the 1st place??
My parents have smoked cigarettes in front of me my entire life. As a child, they had their friends over often to drink beer and have a good time. Does that mean I should be an alcoholic now with a raging nicotine addiction? Never smoked a cigarette in my life. And I can take or leave alcohol; in fact, there were 5 years I didn't drink it at all.

My father took me aside when I was in middle school and talked honestly with me about moderation. He realized that making anything forbidden would make the fruit all that much sweeter. Told me I could call him any time I needed a ride, no questions asked. And was very open and honest about his own history with mj and alcohol.

We all have our so-called unhealthy habits that are carried out in broad daylight. Not for me to judge whose is more correct than the other's. As long as you're not directly harming anyone else, so be it.

Fighting the fight we are now is a stupid waste of resources. Like others have said, there are far worse consequences possible with the legal stuff. Stop wasting that money and let it be.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Gas station I worked at right out of high school had a urine drug test to get hired. Same with my municipal jobs I've had. I've had to do more tests than not for employment. Not that odd to me.

My parents have smoked cigarettes in front of me my entire life. As a child, they had their friends over often to drink beer and have a good time. Does that mean I should be an alcoholic now with a raging nicotine addiction? Never smoked a cigarette in my life. And I can take or leave alcohol; in fact, there were 5 years I didn't drink it at all.

My father took me aside when I was in middle school and talked honestly with me about moderation. He realized that making anything forbidden would make the fruit all that much sweeter. Told me I could call him any time I needed a ride, no questions asked. And was very open and honest about his own history with mj and alcohol.

We all have our so-called unhealthy habits that are carried out in broad daylight. Not for me to judge whose is more correct than the other's. As long as you're not directly harming anyone else, so be it.

Fighting the fight we are now is a stupid waste of resources. Like others have said, there are far worse consequences possible with the legal stuff. Stop wasting that money and let it be.

Here, here. But, you do seem to like those tasty beers like the rest of us! ;).

gmcunni

Same with my municipal jobs I've had. I've had to do more tests than not for employment. Not that odd to me.

too bad welfare peeps don't have to pass the same test to receive their "income" from government, but that's a whole different thread :stirpot:

bigbog

....What about horror movies? Wouldnt want my 5 year old to see them, so lets ban that too.

...and yet Washington will let the entertainment industry put out the most "shoot-em'-up, blow-em'-away" crap immaginable. Just during the duration of an NBA game...there'll be a dozen promos...split-second shots with the absolute worst, stolen...one-liners for those pieces of excrement that are called either movies or XBox(version#).... I don't know what's more scary, the kids who'll either go or purchase....or the so-called adults waiting for stores to open....:-o
The big banks prepping our childeren for lifelong conflict = prime recruits for the DOD.