• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

nick danger

Vermont talk of full legalize from government lately I could live with living there for sure.!!!

Living there not on my bucket list

But:
I would drive the extra miles (from where I live. in upstate NY) to VT: Killington & Sugarbush closer to me than Whiteface) to get legal weed PLUS better better conditions (usually) than in NYS;

win win, can't wait

deadheadskier

Staff member
The question is, how long will it take VT to ramp up a supply chain to meet the demand??? With that many million people within a days drive who surely would go to purchase legally, I think it would take them a little while. I bet their tax receipts would easily exceed that of Colorado until other neighboring states followed suit.

snoseek

The question is, how long will it take VT to ramp up a supply chain to meet the demand??? With that many million people within a days drive who surely would go to purchase legally, I think it would take them a little while. I bet their tax receipts would easily exceed that of Colorado until other neighboring states followed suit.

Yep, first couple years prices would increase for sure...Did in Colorado. Eventually the market would catch up.

I always assumed VT would be the first to go on this. It's bound to happen real soon

nh will likely be one of the last unfortunately

freeski

A long time ago, maybe 32 years, VT was 18 for beer and NH 21. I remember being in a car with some friends and 5 cases in the trunk and driving by a state police car on the side of the road. The cop stared at us and I thought for sure he was going to pull us over and we'd be hauled off. We only did it once because the law changed. If VT does change I wonder how NH will react.
I agree NH will be one of the last states.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not sure what they can do. I remember when I moved here To NH and fireworks were illegal in Maine, a couple Maine cops got caught staking out some fireworks shops in Seabrook and pulling Maine residents over when they crossed the border. A judge quickly said cut the crap

Puck it

Ok, I have not smoked in years. But my adult kids do. I do not condone it though. But I want to say that the stuff that they smoke smells rancid. I do not get why it smells so bad. It smells like skunk weed.

ScottySkis

Ok, I have not smoked in years. But my adult kids do. I do not condone it though. But I want to say that the stuff that they smoke smells rancid. I do not get why it smells so bad. It smells like skunk weed.

That the best stuff out their very little works high in THC I love the smell though!!!

Cornhead

Yeah, come on old man, don't knock it till u've tried it. No booze in 12 yrs, only pot for me. I heard there was a study that weed is 140% safer than alcohol, I think that number is low. Too funny, just spent a week in CO, didn't visit a despensery, bought it the old fashion way, from a dude, Son's roommate, works in the restaurant business, buys directly from a grower, sold me 3 j's worth for $5! Can't beat that, nice sticky shit too, not the dried out crap from the store.