• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

ScottySkis

Yeah, come on old man, don't knock it till u've tried it. No booze in 12 yrs, only pot for me. I heard there was a study that weed is 140% safer than alcohol, I think that number is low. Too funny, just spent a week in CO, didn't visit a despensery, bought it the old fashion way, from a dude, Son's roommate, works in the restaurant business, buys directly from a grower, sold me 3 j's worth for $5! Can't beat that, nice sticky shit too, not the dried out crap from the store.

Time to move there!!!!!!! ¡

darent

I hope Mass. POT isn't approved, people will be running around insane and the Commies will take over!

ScottySkis

Last edited:

witch hobble

Cannabis Patch Kids. Tattoo your name on their asses. There you go Scotty. Million dollar idea for ya.

Cannonball

3 years ago almost since start of this thread hope it closes soon. .

I want to be able to go into CVS and buy cannabis patch.

That is a very astute comment. Since CVS has stopped selling cigs they mostly like won't start selling MJ for smoking even if it is legalized. Patch and other forms will probably end up being the CVS weed delivery format.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hope to never see cannabis at CVS, no matter what the form of delivery.

Keep it farmer driven, not pharma driven.

yeggous

It's already at the pharmacy. My grandfather was prescribed Marinol when he was dying of cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
And I hope that remains a very small percentage of the industry.

It's a plant. It has exceptional medicinal qualities for those who need it and downright docile qualities for those who consume it recreationally.

We don't need to synthesize similar products in a lab when nature does just fine on its own.

ScottySkis

It's already at the pharmacy. My grandfather was prescribed Marinol when he was dying of cancer.

So sorry about that.

I just meant a patch for non smoking healthy ways to enjoy I know vapor is good but not great for people with lung issues.

deadheadskier

Staff member
So sorry about that.

I just meant a patch for non smoking healthy ways to enjoy I know vapor is good but not great for people with lung issues.

I think edibles are just fine as a healthy alternative to smoking.

I certainly wouldn't trust big pharma produced patches. They produce opiate based pain patches people die from every day. Who knows what chemicals they'd cut MJ patches with.

I just see MJ as something that should stay as close to nature as possible and away from a money hungry, unethical pharmaceutical industry.

Farmers and Farmers markets instead of Pharmacists and Pharmacies.

Funky_Catskills

Agreed..

File that under the "careful what you wish for" category..
In Colorado the cannabis available to the public sucks bad for the most part unless you need it for medicine then it's good..
The stuff you see on the Phish lot you can smell from a mile away..

I've never REALLY been a fan of the legalization because of medicine thing. It's always been the backdoor for 99% of people wanting legalization.. And maybe it worked but I still think it should just be legalized.. Most people where I live would just start growing in their homes..

Geoff

I think it should be like home brew beer. You can grow limited quantities. You can give it away but you can't sell it. Legal to sell and ship seeds through the mail.

freeski

Marinol is synthetic. It doesn't have the multiple cannabinoids and other things we do not understand, but appear to be beneficial. It's like comparing cheese product made from vegetable oil to cheese from a cow. Only the pharmaceutical companies think Marinol is a good substitute.

freeski