legalize it already - Page 105

AlpineZone

Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1051
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I would be more impressed if his motivation was to legalize MJ because it is harmless and has beneficial uses.

Of course, his motivation is nothing but political. I have no doubt that enforcement targets minorities and low income areas. But why not just say "I want to legalize MJ because it is harmless"? Once it is legal, everything else he wants follows. His political approach simply makes reaching a consensus more difficult.

I do love the pic of the elderly lady with the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I would be more impressed if his motivation was to legalize MJ because it is harmless and has beneficial uses.

Of course, his motivation is nothing but political. I have no doubt that enforcement targets minorities and low income areas. But why not just say "I want to legalize MJ because it is harmless"? Once it is legal, everything else he wants follows. His political approach simply makes reaching a consensus more difficult.

I do love the pic of the elderly lady with the sign.
    Well I wonder if he truly believes it is also harmless, but that is more dangerous to say than the political reasons. As with all politicians, we do not really know how he truly feels. I'd like to think (maybe I'm being naive) that anyone who is pushing for something to be legalized must also feel that it is no threat. The reasoning he will publicly say will just be whatever is more palatable to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Well I wonder if he truly believes it is also harmless, but that is more dangerous to say than the political reasons. As with all politicians, we do not really know how he truly feels. I'd like to think (maybe I'm being naive) that anyone who is pushing for something to be legalized must also feel that it is no threat. The reasoning he will publicly say will just be whatever is more palatable to most people.
    I think he is trying to appeal to many constituencies at once; Most Americans (over 50%) believe it should be legal.

I may not agree with all of his motivations but I understand them and I applaud his effort.

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    5 years since i started thread. Still not legal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    5 years since i started thread. Still not legal yet.
    Gotta choose your state, right? Federal legalization ain’t happening for another 3-7 years....or more.

So having lived in Colorado for a year and a half and living in El Paso County I have learned a few things. 1) there are lots of illegal growers. 2) the illegals are generally people from Cuba that are placed here from Florida cartel 3) the produce is then shipped out of state and sold illegally 4) when busted the people disappear and are never caught 5) in 2014 there were an estimated 150 illegal growers and now there are about 600 in this county alone and it is getting worse 6) the utility I work for gets 5-6 subpoenas per day 7) there is not enough man power to properly regulate what is going on. So much for legalization.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Legalization nationally would reduce many of those issues. Plenty of bad that goes with alcohol being legal. I'd argue that industry creates WAY more societal problems.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    So much for legalization.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    A benefit of legalization is not penalizing otherwise law-abiding people for possessing or consuming pot. That alone makes it worth it IMO.

Just a thought, but many people are claiming pot gives them relief from the ills of cancer and cancer treatments. I also see where some treatments that are legal, are leading to opioid addictions which can last a lifetime.

Another thought: If pot makes a dying person feel better, do we really have a right to restrict that?
    lovin life,

Bob

Thread Information