• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NHL hockey playoffs start tonight

jlboyell

Absolutely hate the Penguins more than any other team. Being a Bruins and Rangers fan, I should never be forced to root for Philly.
But I am this series. The truth is I actually really like the Flyers team, but they're still the Flyers... What a game that was. Lots of cheap shots on the Penguins part. The thing that is upsetting is that they usually get away with most of them.

how can u be a rangers and bruins fan. you gotta get out of the conference, not just the division

Bene288

how can u be a rangers and bruins fan. you gotta get out of the conference, not just the division

I don't have to do anything. There's no rule against liking two teams. I was born to a Bruins loyal family, but the first game I remember watching was the 94 cup final. Ever since then I loved the Rangers and hated the Canucks.

Bene288

i guess u like the yanks and the red sox too... its all in fun, but come on man

Pro ball is a joke. When you're as involved and know as much about hockey as I do, location doesn't mean anything. That's what sets hockey aside from other sports. From all of my years playing, I've found that educated hockey fans most likely follows and likes several teams. Hockey has nothing to do with the Sox or the Yankees.

jlboyell

if only more of us were educated in hockey... u saw one finals game, sounds like a fair weather fan not somebody with a phd in hockey

deadheadskier

Staff member
Great win for the B's.

Wonder if Claude will let Lucic get a fighting major in Game 4. No doubt Milan wants one

ScottySkis

Ranger's win with shut out, good game, Henry our goalie was amazing we would not be same team without him.

soposkier

Great win for the B's.

Wonder if Claude will let Lucic get a fighting major in Game 4. No doubt Milan wants one

I hope he puts Alzner in his place. Make a crybaby face after being the third man in on a fight to the guy (Lucic) who is voted by his NHL peers the toughest player in the game?
Weak move.

Im glad the game finally got physical and emotional, seems to be when the Bruins play best.

kickstand

I hope he puts Alzner in his place. Make a crybaby face after being the third man in on a fight to the guy (Lucic) who is voted by his NHL peers the toughest player in the game?
Weak move.

Im glad the game finally got physical and emotional, seems to be when the Bruins play best.

I think Alzner is going to regret that by the end of the series. He's not exactly what you'd call a fighter:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8473991&view=splits (scroll down to Penalties)

Lucic, on the other hand....I don't need to put up a link for hockey fans to know he's not afraid to drop the gloves.

soposkier

I think Alzner is going to regret that by the end of the series. He's not exactly what you'd call a fighter:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8473991&view=splits (scroll down to Penalties)

Lucic, on the other hand....I don't need to put up a link for hockey fans to know he's not afraid to drop the gloves.

yea heard that on the commentary, 1 fighting and 2 roughing penalties.
Also liked Jack's comment on how Lucic couldn't make the cry baby gesture because the stanley cup ring would get in the way.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Holtby shut down a great effort by the Bruins tonight. Kid is good. Bruins are not a finesse team. They have to be the more physical team on the ice. Tonight they didn't bring that part of their game.

Krejci is on vacation. Had at least two wiffs at close range with perfect centering passes. Him and Marchand have been the two biggest disappointments in the playoffs for me.

kickstand

Yeah, the B's weren't as physical last night as they were in Game 3. They need to get back to that again. Not taking Game 4, especially with Backstrom out for Washington, was big. This series could easily go either way.