• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NHL hockey playoffs start tonight

deadheadskier

Staff member
The Kings are definitely the story of the playoffs so far. 1st time in history an 8 seed has knocked off the 1 and 2 seeds. They didn't just beat Vancouver and St. Louis either, they dominated them.

jaytrem

The Kings are definitely the story of the playoffs so far. 1st time in history an 8 seed has knocked off the 1 and 2 seeds. They didn't just beat Vancouver and St. Louis either, they dominated them.

Kings/Flyers would be real interesting with Richards and Carter potentially coming back to haunt them. But yeah, the Kings are looking real good. Seems like in the NHL it's often about peaking at the right time.

JimG.

Staff member
The Rangers win another game in an unlikely fashion...tie it with 6 seconds left, win in OT again.

I was so hyped up after the game I had trouble going to sleep; thank God the game ended at a reasonable time.

ScottySkis

The Rangers win another game in an unlikely fashion...tie it with 6 seconds left, win in OT again.

I was so hyped up after the game I had trouble going to sleep; thank God the game ended at a reasonable time.
Our goalie was amazing to.

JimG.

Staff member
Congratulations, hopefully you be playing another team that plays less then 15 miles from each other.

Hopefully...the comparisons to 1994 are there and playing the Devils in the conference final would be totally appropriate. That would be a war.

Even at 40 Brodeur is one of the best goalies in the league.

ScottySkis

Hopefully...the comparisons to 1994 are there and playing the Devils in the conference final would be totally appropriate. That would be a war.

Even at 40 Brodeur is one of the best goalies in the league.

He is a an amazing goalie, it would be a great series.

JimG.

Staff member
Game 7 must win for Rangers or golf for them.

I've got the feeling that the Rangers will be playing a game 7 in every series if they actually win the cup.

I actually enjoy watching Tortorella's press conferences after losses...his utter disdain of all questions is amusing.

ScottySkis

I've got the feeling that the Rangers will be playing a game 7 in every series if they actually win the cup.

I actually enjoy watching Tortorella's press conferences after losses...his utter disdain of all questions is amusing.

If they make it past devils i be kind of surprised truth be told, i happy we made it this far honestly.

ScottySkis

Ranger's win game 7 and were on Devils fans, this will be a great series honestly scared of Martin because he is on his game 110%.

JimG.

Staff member
Ranger's win game 7 and were on Devils fans, this will be a great series honestly scared of Martin because he is on his game 110%.

Gonna be a war!

Don't know if I'll survive the excitement...I'm sure my Rangers will make me sweat if they pull this off and go to the finals.

ScottySkis

Too easy? It was 0-0 going into the 3rd and only 1-0 until the Rangers scored again with 8 minutes left in the game.

Ya I was a bit scared going into the 3 period, if we win it be a touch series, its nice watching a goalie that is a legend and another one who will be soon.

JimG.

Staff member
Too easy? It was 0-0 going into the 3rd and only 1-0 until the Rangers scored again with 8 minutes left in the game.

I did say almost. OK, OK it wasn't so easy, I guess I never expected a 3-0 win.

I expected the Devils to control the action all game like they did in the first period. The Rangers were lucky the score was 0-0 entering the 3rd. I figured the Devils would score first and that would be it, a 1-0 loss.

That second goal with 8 minutes left sealed the game for the Rangers. I don't figure the next game will end up 3-0...I'm expecting one goal games decided in OT.