• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NHL hockey playoffs start tonight

ScottySkis

Phew. Tough game but nice win Devils. Best of 5 now. LETS GO DEVILS.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Congratulations on win it was all about defense which I love, Martin was amazing again to, onto game 3 in NJ so far away from Nyc lol.

4aprice

Congratulations on win it was all about defense which I love, Martin was amazing again to, onto game 3 in NJ so far away from Nyc lol.

NHL needs to get its act together. 1 pm game Saturday. seriously? Put the game at night. Who wants to waste a beautiful Saturday afternoon in May. I would think the TV ratings would be better a night too. LETS GO DEVILS

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
Phew. Tough game but nice win Devils. Best of 5 now. LETS GO DEVILS.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Devils spent alot of time in the Rangers end of the ice. If that pattern continues I don't see how the Rangers can win the series. Lundquist was standing on his head making saves and they still lost.

Still, I'm seeing nothing but a 7 game series here.

jaytrem

NHL needs to get its act together. 1 pm game Saturday. seriously?

I'll go outside and chop some wood between periords, or maybe during if it's too stressfull.

Interesting fact (at least I thought so). If it end up Rangers/Kings the Rangers will have played the lowest possible seeds thoughout the playoffs (8,7,6,8 ), while the Kings will have played the highest (1,2,3,1). Kinda crazy, eh? Guess there's a lot of parity in the NHL, unless of course you live in Columbus or Long Island. :)

ScottySkis

I'll go outside and chop some wood between periords, or maybe during if it's too stressfull.

Interesting fact (at least I thought so). If it end up Rangers/Kings the Rangers will have played the lowest possible seeds thoughout the oplayoffs (8,7,6,8 ), while the Kings will have played the highest (1,2,3,1). Kinda crazy, eh? Guess there's a lot of parity in the NHL, unless of course you live in Columbus or Long Island. :)
I kind figured we might louse, but at least we got good team for years to come, and how do I justify drinking at 1 pm.

Cornhead

I'm not a hockey fan but, did anyone see that save that Martin Brodeur made while laying on his stomach? The guy shooting the puck tried to flip it over him, he kicked blind with his heel, it was amazing!

ScottySkis

I'm not a hockey fan but, did anyone see that save that Martin Brodeur made while laying on his stomach? The guy shooting the puck tried to flip it over him, he kicked blind with his heel, it was amazing!
You should see him live, greatest goalie ever! !!

4aprice

You should see him live, greatest goalie ever! !!

Scotty:

As a Devil fan it has been a pleasure to watch Marty over the last 20 years. Greatest goalie ever?, I don't know. I would really love to see him get that #4 and match the great Patrick Roy. This will probably be his last chance. My hope would be that if the Devils were to win it that he would retire. We certainly are going to miss him when he does. He really changed the game and I mean that in that the NHL changed the rules because of him. (ie the trapazoid) Between 1994 and 2004 he (and the Devils) won 3 cups, should have won 4 (should have beat Colorado in 2001) and could have won 5 (if they had won the 94 series you have to think they would have beaten Vancouver) The Hall of Fame awaits him. LETS GO DEVILS

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

O
Scotty:

As a Devil fan it has been a pleasure to watch Marty over the last 20 years. Greatest goalie ever?, I don't know. I would really love to see him get that #4 and match the great Patrick Roy. This will probably be his last chance. My hope would be that if the Devils were to win it that he would retire. We certainly are going to miss him when he does. He really changed the game and I mean that in that the NHL changed the rules because of him. (ie the trapazoid) Between 1994 and 2004 he (and the Devils) won 3 cups, should have won 4 (should have beat Colorado in 2001) and could have won 5 (if they had won the 94 series you have to think they would have beaten Vancouver) The Hall of Fame awaits him. LETS GO DEVILS

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I mean i'm a Rangers dye hard fan, but truely loved watching Martin beat the Rangers and win his cups, its been a fun 20 years almost now of watching, he be going to hall asap, i kind of hope he wins one more cup, even if that means Rangers, don't advance, i'm sure the next few games Marty will be fantastic.

ScottySkis

NHL needs to get its act together. 1 pm game Saturday. seriously? Put the game at night. Who wants to waste a beautiful Saturday afternoon in May. I would think the TV ratings would be better a night too. LETS GO DEVILS

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

So NBC can show at 8 pm American does(not) have talent.

ScottySkis

Ugh. Another game where we play great for 2 periods and fall in the 3rd. Lundquist is amazing. I think we're in trouble. LETS GO DEVILS

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Both goalies were amazing and Devils were beating Rangers into third period and Rangers finally scored. Lets go Rangers:wink:

ScottySkis

Martin just fantastic so far, unfortunately hes in net for the Devil's, but one more period to go, come we can score 3 more goals in 3 period. Rangers louse, all tied up series, we need help, I honesty think Martin and the Devils will bring their A game so i hope were ready.

Last edited:

4aprice

Nice bounce back from Saturday. Now down to the best 2 out of 3. A little nastiness too. Guess this is what we should expect from these rivals. LETS GO DEVILS

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
Nice bounce back from Saturday. Now down to the best 2 out of 3. A little nastiness too. Guess this is what we should expect from these rivals. LETS GO DEVILS

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Brodeur was his usual amazing self last night...I said it at the start and you know it's true, this series is going 7 games.

Really enjoying the animosity between Tortorella and Deboer...great theater!

jaytrem

Who were those goalies tonight? I didn't recognize either of them.

Crazy game, I think I should go get some blood pressure pills before game 6.