• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NHL hockey playoffs start tonight

jaytrem

Sorry Devils lost in overtime, i thought the rest would hurt LA.

Looked like both teams came out real nervous. Kings settled down first. Looked like the devils might sneak out a win, but not quite. Stupid play by Parise to glove the puck in, not sure what he was thinking on that one.

4aprice

Looked like both teams came out real nervous. Kings settled down first. Looked like the devils might sneak out a win, but not quite. Stupid play by Parise to glove the puck in, not sure what he was thinking on that one.

Tough loss. I wonder what the call would have been if it hit an LA stick as Parise did that because it was awefully close. Fayne missing the net 1//2 way through the 3rd brought out the biggest groans here. Saturday is a must. LETS GO DEVILS.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
Tough loss. I wonder what the call would have been if it hit an LA stick as Parise did that because it was awefully close. Fayne missing the net 1//2 way through the 3rd brought out the biggest groans here. Saturday is a must. LETS GO DEVILS.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Real tough. Frankly, it was hard to tell who had alot of time off and who didn't.

Save for the dumb play in overtime that gave LA the winning goal and a few missed chances that would have won it for NJ in regulation I thought NJ played dead even with the "mighty" Kings. Honestly, I was not really impressed with LA.

I doubt LA is going to run off and win this thing easily.

JimG.

Staff member
Ouch, another OT loss...I guess it's going to be LA's year finally.

2 more to go though.

jaytrem

Did devil's defense play better then have been?

No, just false optimism. They look like they're out of gas. Kings are havning the most amazing run ever. Only team to ever be up 3-0 in every series. But the NHL is funny, a four game slump could come out of nowhere. Doubt it will, but ya never know.

4aprice

Congrats to The LA Kings. They certainly deserve this. This reminds me of the thrashing the Devils put on Detroit back in 1995. (what goes around, comes around). Gotta wonder what the Flyers were thinking when they let go of Richards and Carter. While I don't see any miracles it was a fun run and certainly made the spring go by fast. May be a long time before we see the Devils in this position again. Marty and Hedberg retireing, Elias nearing retirement too, Parise and Salvadore probably gone (free agents) IMO not a bright future. (for one last time probably) LETS GO DEVILS.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

PS Any Bruins fans thoughts on Tim Thomas taking next year off? Surprised me.

jaytrem

IMO not a bright future.

Considering how consistantly successful they've been over the years, I'm surprised you feel that way. For the first time in forever I feel we have a stable coaching situation (of course I could be wrong). Got the possible rookie of the year and the scouting staff always seems to find a lot of gems that other teams overlook. I dont expect them to make ther finals every year, but the playoffs should never be considered out of reach, and once there you never know.

kickstand

Gotta wonder what the Flyers were thinking when they let go of Richards and Carter.

I heard it was a bad locker room with those guys. I mean, Richards was the captain and they shipped him out. It must have been bad. And Carter was not exactly happy to be in Columbus after the trade. It was addition by subtraction for the Blue Jackets. Must have been an eye opening situation for him, being traded from 2 different teams within 6 months. The Flyers ended up with Voracek and 2 picks for Carter. I think one of the picks ended up being Coutourier, so Carter for Voracek and Coutourier....I'd do that every time.

As a B's fan, I'm on the fence about the Thomas thing. I wish there were another way to handle it, since there is still a $5m cap hit. I can't imagine he is going to come back the same player he is now. However, I think Tuukka Rask deserves a chance to start. I believe he is a RFA, so hopefully the B's can get him signed. I think they will, since this is now an ideal situation for Tuukka.

A guy on NECN has an interesting take on the Thomas situation. All the media has been showing are bits and pieces of the Facebook postings. I haven't seen the postings, but this guy read the whole thing and he said, reading between the lines, it sounds like a guy who is trying to keep his family together. If that IS the case, Tim should take as much time as he needs. If he makes it back to hockey, great. If not, family is more important.

JimG.

Staff member
It's not looking good for the Devils.

And LA is certainly on one of the most impressive playoff runs ever...who could have guessed this?

Still would like to see NJ win a game.

kickstand

Gotta wonder what the Flyers were thinking when they let go of Richards and Carter.

I heard it was a bad locker room with those guys. I mean, Richards was the captain and they shipped him out. It must have been bad. And Carter was not exactly happy to be in Columbus after the trade. It was addition by subtraction for the Blue Jackets. Must have been an eye opening situation for him, being traded from 2 different teams within 6 months. The Flyers ended up with Voracek and 2 picks for Carter. I think one of the picks ended up being Coutourier, so Carter for Voracek and Coutourier....I'd do that every time.

As a B's fan, I'm on the fence about the Thomas thing. I wish there were another way to handle it, since there is still a $5m cap hit. I can't imagine he is going to come back the same player he is now. However, I think Tuukka Rask deserves a chance to start. I believe he is a RFA, so hopefully the B's can get him signed. I think they will, since this is now an ideal situation for Tuukka.

A guy on NECN has an interesting take on the Thomas situation. All the media has been showing are bits and pieces of the Facebook postings. I haven't seen the postings, but this guy read the whole thing and he said, reading between the lines, it sounds like a guy who is trying to keep his family together. If that IS the case, Tim should take as much time as he needs. If he makes it back to hockey, great. If not, family is more important.

Stumbled upon this link while reading another article today. This should clear up the Philly/Carter-Richards thing.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...tying-for-carterrichards-deals?urn=nhl,wp9667

ScottySkis

It's not looking good for the Devils.

And LA is certainly on one of the most impressive playoff runs ever...who could have guessed this?

Still would like to see NJ win a game.

I really believe tonight Devils and Marty will get a shut out.

ScottySkis

End 2nd...

No matter the outcome, Brodeur is an all-time great goaltender.

I have not watched yet is it close for Devil's? And yes Martin will probably go down as 2 nd greatest goalie of all times, if not the best ever.