• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak - 4/14/12

skijay

View attachment 5092View attachment 5093View attachment 5094View attachment 5095I got a chance again to ski up in the NEK on Saturday. I liked Stateside the best. I skied the Jet, Haines and Derick Hot Shot. Plenty of coverage but the snow was heavy. Weather was sunny and around 60. It did get a little overcast later in the day. On tramside I did have to walk a part of Taxi as I missed a turn that would have avoided that section. I took the Flyer up and did Goat Run, exhibition, green mountain boys. I took the tram up once and did Vermonter.

Edit: The picture of the mountains is to show the snow caps in the distance. I all my times of being at Jay, I've never seen a view like that. There were two ski areas visible, but the picture does not show it.

Last edited:

Cornhead

Thanks for the beta, considering a K Saturday, Jay Sunday combo this weekend to ring out my season. Looks like a lot of snow in that first pic, 90 degrees in Binghamton yesterday though, R word in the forecast in NE this weekend.

skijay

If you stay overnight check out the Pump House water park.