A foot coming to Sugarloaf this weekend - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry...NOAA says at the 2850' of Sugarloaf nothing much happening this weekend. Exactly what kind of "wind" told you about the foot of snow. You never know for sure tho. There is a 50% chance NOAA is full of crap. lol
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

"DAH BOYZ" will be at K this weekend regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer View Post
    Sorry...NOAA says at the 2850' of Sugarloaf nothing much happening this weekend. Exactly what kind of "wind" told you about the foot of snow. You never know for sure tho. There is a 50% chance NOAA is full of crap. lol
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text
    I get those fancy emails from snow-forecast.com and yesterday they came in early at over a foot total starting Friday night into Sunday. I guess you never can predict the weather. Oh well. I have to drop the oldest off at CVA on Sunday anyway. I was looking forward to a few turns in some fresh stuff. Damn. I guess its off to plan B, whatever that is. Another prime example of the season which never was here at Sugarloaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    I get those fancy emails from snow-forecast.com and yesterday they came in early at over a foot total starting Friday night into Sunday. I guess you never can predict the weather. Oh well. I have to drop the oldest off at CVA on Sunday anyway. I was looking forward to a few turns in some fresh stuff. Damn. I guess its off to plan B, whatever that is. Another prime example of the season which never was here at Sugarloaf.
    I know you're talking about the other "dashed" site but since you also mentioned email alerts, I want to let you know that we'll have that same capability for next season. In fact, you'll be able to choose your resort, select your own snow amount criteria, and we'll email alerts when that criteria is met. We were hoping to get it online for this past season but that's the way site development goes sometimes.

I know--shameless plug--but figured it was worth mentioning. I'll still keep an eye on this weekend's system and post anything noteworthy. Still kinda looking like a rain event with warm air pulling in from the south rather than the cold air wrapping in from the north. We'll see.

Too little too late.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Local forcast calling for some rain........but I guess one could see a little snow between midnight and 2:00am..
    SteveD

Sugarloaf is done. Closed.

Forecast now calling for ~7 inches on Sunday night - Monday morning.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sugarloaf/6day/top

Don't know what the weekend shifts got...but it sure has to be cool enough up at the mountains(SL & SB) to make snow today....of course they're probably making plans towards packing up everything..

SteveD

Thread Information