• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A foot coming to Sugarloaf this weekend

Tooth

Hey guys,

I pretty much closed up shop for the season so updates (ME/NH/VT) on the site are old. If I get a chance this week, I'll take a look at things to see what's happening and check back in.

WC

Thanks WinnChill. This will help determine my weekend plans. I dont want to go up if its going to rain.

Tooth

Sorry...NOAA says at the 2850' of Sugarloaf nothing much happening this weekend. Exactly what kind of "wind" told you about the foot of snow. You never know for sure tho. There is a 50% chance NOAA is full of crap. lol
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...433227539&site=gyx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

I get those fancy emails from snow-forecast.com and yesterday they came in early at over a foot total starting Friday night into Sunday. I guess you never can predict the weather. Oh well. I have to drop the oldest off at CVA on Sunday anyway. I was looking forward to a few turns in some fresh stuff. Damn. I guess its off to plan B, whatever that is. Another prime example of the season which never was here at Sugarloaf.

WinnChill

I get those fancy emails from snow-forecast.com and yesterday they came in early at over a foot total starting Friday night into Sunday. I guess you never can predict the weather. Oh well. I have to drop the oldest off at CVA on Sunday anyway. I was looking forward to a few turns in some fresh stuff. Damn. I guess its off to plan B, whatever that is. Another prime example of the season which never was here at Sugarloaf.

I know you're talking about the other "dashed" site but since you also mentioned email alerts, I want to let you know that we'll have that same capability for next season. In fact, you'll be able to choose your resort, select your own snow amount criteria, and we'll email alerts when that criteria is met. We were hoping to get it online for this past season but that's the way site development goes sometimes.

I know--shameless plug--but figured it was worth mentioning. I'll still keep an eye on this weekend's system and post anything noteworthy. Still kinda looking like a rain event with warm air pulling in from the south rather than the cold air wrapping in from the north. We'll see.

bigbog

Don't know what the weekend shifts got...but it sure has to be cool enough up at the mountains(SL & SB) to make snow today....of course they're probably making plans towards packing up everything..