Strange (or irrelevant) Laws - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^ I agree. But, the woman-on-top is.

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

In the May 2012 issue of SOCO Magazine, they have a couple of odd laws listed. First, 'it is illegal to jump off a building in NY, and if you do, the penalty is death.' Seriously. Next, in Scituate, RI, it is against the law for drivers to have a beer in their car, even if the beer is in sealed bottles. The law in MA forbidding tomatoes in clam chowder is there as well. Of all the whacky laws in MA that one makes the most sense to me!
    Screw My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington!

www.SKiNE.net

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Oral sex from a women to a man is illegal in NY, since 1800s.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Oral sex from a women to a man is illegal in NY, since 1800s.
    Is it okay the other way around?
    Brian

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Is it okay the other way around?
    From what I understand it's because 100 years ago in society that act was something only prostitutes would do but stupid law is still on the books.

"Ugly laws"

From the late 1860s until the 1970s, several American cities had ugly laws making it illegal for persons with "unsightly or disgusting" disabilities to appear in public. Some of these laws were called unsightly beggar ordinances. The goal of these laws was seemingly to preserve the quality of life for the community, similar in spirit to current homeowners association regulations and by-laws. ***

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_law
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Quote Originally Posted by Johnskiismore View Post
    In the May 2012 issue of SOCO Magazine, they have a couple of odd laws listed. First, 'it is illegal to jump off a building in NY, and if you do, the penalty is death.'
    I guess they are willing to help you out if you don't perish the first time.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    "Ugly laws"

From the late 1860s until the 1970s, several American cities had ugly laws making it illegal for persons with "unsightly or disgusting" disabilities to appear in public. Some of these laws were called unsightly beggar ordinances. The goal of these laws was seemingly to preserve the quality of life for the community, similar in spirit to current homeowners association regulations and by-laws. ***

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_law

No wonder my parents home-schooled me
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information