Red Sox 2012 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Red Sox 2012

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Hopefully he won't pull the old fake mustache trick like he did with the Mets.
    Are you kidding me? I am hoping, praying, doing a dance that he does this. The media in Boston is already having a field day with him and this team. Could you imagine what would happen if he did this again? The inter-web/twittis-blog-osphere would go into hyper-drive and spin off its axis. I hope random people from the team are anonymously leaving fake mustaches on his desk every couple of days.

    The only thing I could think of that would top this is if, after getting ejected, he came down thru the stands and asked to sit in the owner's seats that are right next to the dugout. Bud Selig's head would explode.

  2. #22
    The Bobby V mustache show is one of the great LOL moments in Baseball history. I too hope to see it again.

  3. #23
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    8,238
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The Bobby V mustache show is one of the great LOL moments in Baseball history. I too hope to see it again.
    Nice to see you guys have a good sense of humor.

    You'll need it.

  4. #24
    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Dartmouth, Ma & Killington, VT
    Posts
    4,922
    My 2012 Red Sox boycott continues. I have not watched 1 nanosecond of the NESN feed. The way to fix this problem is to hit them where it counts.... their bottom line. Declining advertising revenue. Abandonment of the team by the suits and pink hats that make it impossible to see a live game at a reasonable price. I predict the home sellout streak will end in early May against Oakland or Seattle.

    Beckett and Lackey are signed through 2014. Crawford is signed through 2017. It's not going to get any better. Larry Lucchino's players are going to be a sub-.500 team for several years. Until the owners wake up and realize that Lucchino is the problem, it's going to be a toxic clubhouse with 25 players and 25 limos. The way Lucchino threw everybody under the bus last September isn't something this team is going to recover from. They can't sign free agent talent because nobody wants to play for them. Thus the worst-in-the-majors bullpen.

    It will be really nice to be able to show up at Fenway and buy tickets from a panicked scalper for 50 cents on the dollar. I think that is where this team is headed. When the Bruins and Celtics sucked, you could walk up and get a ticket to just about any game. Ditto the pre-Tom Brady Patriots. I predict the same is about to happen in Fenway Park.

    I'm watching my baseball in Pawtucket this year.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    My 2012 Red Sox boycott continues. I have not watched 1 nanosecond of the NESN feed. The way to fix this problem is to hit them where it counts.... their bottom line. Declining advertising revenue. Abandonment of the team by the suits and pink hats that make it impossible to see a live game at a reasonable price. I predict the home sellout streak will end in early May against Oakland or Seattle.

    Beckett and Lackey are signed through 2014. Crawford is signed through 2017. It's not going to get any better. Larry Lucchino's players are going to be a sub-.500 team for several years. Until the owners wake up and realize that Lucchino is the problem, it's going to be a toxic clubhouse with 25 players and 25 limos. The way Lucchino threw everybody under the bus last September isn't something this team is going to recover from. They can't sign free agent talent because nobody wants to play for them. Thus the worst-in-the-majors bullpen.

    It will be really nice to be able to show up at Fenway and buy tickets from a panicked scalper for 50 cents on the dollar. I think that is where this team is headed. When the Bruins and Celtics sucked, you could walk up and get a ticket to just about any game. Ditto the pre-Tom Brady Patriots. I predict the same is about to happen in Fenway Park.

    I'm watching my baseball in Pawtucket this year.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have not watched a single out this season (outside of being at a bar and having it on in the background). Last season, I didn't watch any baseball until September, although that was more about watching the B's until late June and then not being able to adjust to the slow pace of baseball after watching playoff hockey for 2 months.

    2 falls ago, I got a marketing phone call in October or so, and it was clearly from a firm the Sox hired. They were asking all sorts of questions about why I wasn't watching, if I had heard of the players, how I felt about them, etc. etc. I basically told them I followed the Sox, but didn't watch much because of having young children and responsibilities around the house. I can't remember all the details of the call, but the guts of it was "what can they do to get us to watch?". That season, the Sox were ravaged by injuries late in the season, so not many on the September roster were household names. Lo and behold, that off-season they signed Carl Crawford to the most ridiculous contract this side of John Lackey's. After that call, I'm 100% they signed him only because he was a big name and it would get people to watch.

    I don't agree with the 25 players/25 limos thing, though. I have a feeling a lot of them are good buddies, which sort of becomes the problem. The inmates are running the asylum. Love Pedroia, but mouthing off like he did to Bobby V ("That's not how we do things around here") was crap. Beckett needed to go. It's good Lackey won't be around this season, because he's an issue, too. I think those guys have ruled the roost for too long and aren't willing to change.

    Hopefully this losing will drive the pink hats away. None of them knew what it was really like to be a Sox fan. They're getting their taste now. And if this drives ticket prices down so that I can actually afford to take my kids in 2 years, then I'm all for it.

    And they really need to can "Sweet Caroline", unless they're up in the 8th. That should also get rid of some of the dead weight.

  6. #26
    Agree that Pedrioa was in the wrong saying what he did about Bobby V. The manager should run the team and get the last say, not the players. Everyone on this Red Sox team has forgotten that. Pedrioa is the most likeable guy on the team, but he needs to STFU in those situations.

    Then there's Gonzalez with his "People Gotta Eat" comment in regards to the Fried Chicken controversy last year. Through in his "It wasn't God's plan" for why they didn't make the playoffs and I think he's a complete loser. Amazing talent, but not a winning mindset.

    From top to bottom the team is all excuses and no personal accountability. Makes them really difficult to watch.

  7. #27
    Tickets on stub hub can be had for under $10..http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-sox-tickets/

    Havent done it this season yet, but Ive got to imagine a $10 ticket would be pretty easy to find on the street, especially if you wait till after the first pitch to buy.

    The sellouts are for all tickets sold, not actual gate attendance, so I could see that streak continuing.

  8. #28
    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Dartmouth, Ma & Killington, VT
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by soposkier View Post
    The sellouts are for all tickets sold, not actual gate attendance, so I could see that streak continuing.
    Scalpers aren't going to buy up Tuesday Seattle 4pm game start tickets in early May. Unless the Sox start giving away thousands of tickets to games like those, the sellout streak ends.

  9. #29
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    8,238
    Quote Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
    The only thing I could think of that would top this is if, after getting ejected, he came down thru the stands and asked to sit in the owner's seats that are right next to the dugout. Bud Selig's head would explode.
    I missed this part first read.



    I would gladly come to Fenway in a Babe Ruth Yankees jersey and sit through endless abuse and beer showers, and pay for it, to see Bud's head explode.

  10. #30
    Guess I need to keep the trash talking of the Sox at a high level. Played pretty well last night.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.