• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Forsake on Kickstarter - support a shoe company by skiers for skiers

Downhill Threads

Website
www.downhillthreads.com
Hey... just thought I'd share that I also started my ski brand through Kickstarter. Sorry yours fell short. My goal was FAR lower than yours (t-shirts are a lot less expensive to make!) and I'm sure it was pretty tough to raise that kind of money. Hope you get some other outside sourcing and continue with the brand anyway. Good luck!

Overall thought on kickstarter... it doesn't just have to be for new ideas/inventions that haven't existed before. It's a chance for anyone to try and make it with their own business or product(s) or craft. Gives the underdogs a shot. I'm a big fan of supporting people who are following their dreams and trying to do something on their own.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey DT, we've had a couple kickstarter guys here, some guys that made a ski movie, another guy who was working on bluetooth ski poles to control music.

Tfinder

We were obviously disappointed when our kickstarter project fell short of its goal but it was still extremely valuable in terms of exposure and getting our brand and story out there. Since then we started working with a new factory that will allow us to have a much smaller production run. Your question is actually quite timely because we're working on a new kickstarter video right now and plan to have it up in the next few weeks. This new factory will allow us to set our goal at a much lower and attainable level! I'll keep you guys posted.