• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Summit 2013

Cornhead

You should carpool with Cornhead. He drives from upstate NY. He's a maniac!

Thanks Nick...I guess, I've been called worse, I'll take it as a complement. Scotty, are you moving to Middletown? It is on my way there, more or less. I think trying to hit Saddleback while there is a great idea. Anyone else that lives out this way that would like to go, I've got four seats and a Thule rack, the more the gas bill could be split, the better. Could use some roomies for the condos too. Sugarloaf's a great mountain, we're due for better conditions, even that time of year. Haven't skied Bracket yet, looks awesome.

I think we should hook up at Platty next year, make sure we want to spend nine hours in a car together. I read you're pro legalization, I think we'll get along fine. :wink: The free booze is a moot point with me, now ten years ago, yikes! Anyone ever skied on shrooms?:dontknow: I'd be interested in a Utah summit too, better start lining up my bank heists! :wink:

ScottySkis

Thanks Nick...I guess, I've been called worse, I'll take it as a complement. Scotty, are you moving to Middletown? It is on my way there, more or less. I think trying to hit Saddleback while there is a great idea. Anyone else that lives out this way that would like to go, I've got four seats and a Thule rack, the more the gas bill could be split, the better. Could use some roomies for the condos too. Sugarloaf's a great mountain, we're due for better conditions, even that time of year. Haven't skied Bracket yet, looks awesome.

I think we should hook up at Platty next year, make sure we want to spend nine hours in a car together. I read you're pro legalization, I think we'll get along fine. :wink: The free booze is a moot point with me, now ten years ago, yikes! Anyone ever skied on shrooms?:dontknow: I'd be interested in a Utah summit too, better start lining up my bank heists! :wink:

Cool man ya i'm in middletown now, yes i'm MJ head for sure hopefully i have new job so i can start up again and reduce my drinking my liver could use a break to.

ScottySkis

I'm the one who started the legalize 420 thread and quite proud of it lol, no shrooms for me, but I love Mary Jane, can't wait to reunion with her.

mlkrgr

I talked about doing it earlier next year (maybe late Feb?). I think rates would be similar, although not if we did like February break or something.

Sugarloaf does do an awesome job. It is a hike, but that's why it's a three day event. I didn't go to the first year's but I went last year and this year and it's been awesome both times. Not that I"m against switching it up but the deal is normally so good. I mean, come on, free booze? :spin:

How about Sunday River? SR is much more of a reachable mountain and it's run by the same company and the hospitality is comparable. I think although when the going gets good, I'll say SL is better but SR has consistently better conditions due to less wind holds, etc. Everyone I know who's run groups up there likes how accommodating they are. And then if some people are only available to join the group for a day or two out of the three, they can do so via the numerous buses that run up there, go on their own, etc.

From my personal standpoint, I would not show up at AZ at SL (unless my wealth suddenly rises... jk) but I would at least very likely show my face at SR especially if the outlook looks half decent.